Chapter Seven: A Violent Encounter

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

The morning was still young and the sky was still dark. These conditions did well to hide your Klaxosaur from sight as you near your destination. Carefully you climbed over loose rocks and small holes in the ground. Cautious not to lose your footing and hurt yourself or fall back down the hill. You were currently heading towards two sets of bright lights that were shining up the sky just over the hillside. "Hey Warrior," A feminine voice asked over your radio, catching your attention. "are you in position?" You decide to ignore the message for now and keep walking to focus on where you were stepping.

Pulling yourself over one final small incline, you finally reach the top of the hill and get a good look at your destination. Plantation 13 along with another Plantation, both coupled together by a large rectangular pipe. In front of said pipe stood two groups of Franxx standing guard. The ones that stood furthest away were nothing special, just five standard model Franxx. Behind them stood Squad 13, a group who you'd been seeing more and more of lately. At the very back of the group, on top of the large pipe, stood a white and red Franxx. One that you knew all too well, Strelitzia.

Looking down a small slope in front of you, you put one foot forward and slide down the hill to get closer to the two structures. Once you come to a stop, you press the side of your head to finally answer the girl's question. "Yeah, Ichigo, I'm here," you say, looking around the flat part of the hill you stopped on. Moving a few large rocks with your recently repaired tail, you sit your Klaxosaur on the ground before exiting out of the top of its head. As you leave, you Make sure to grab your radio, binoculars, and one of the few protein packs you have left. Walking up to the edge of the hill. You turn on your binoculars and start to zoom your sight towards the blue Franxx. "Are you sure you don't wanna come down here and help us?" Ichigo questions back.

"You remember our agreement Ichigo. I intercept any Klaxosaurs that head toward your Plantation. If I can't, then I at least offer advice to stop them. Although if this gets ugly. I guess that I'll come down and help you guys." you state, shifting the view of the Binoculars over to a large group of Klaxosaurs escorting a large box with horns. You could quite clearly tell what the small four-legged ones in front were, but the big box-like one in the back had you stumped.

"So, do you have any advice about these ones?" Ichigo asks as you shut off and put down the binoculars. Grabbing the protein pack, you answer her question. "Well, the ones in front are simple drones, like those spiders we faced in the mines. They aren't that strong or dangerous for that matter, but their strength comes in their numbers and speed. So don't let them surprise you and certainly don't let them gang up on you."

"What about the big one?" The Pistil inquiries.

"I don't know, I've never even heard about one that looked like it before. But if I had to say something, approach it with caution." You answer, resting the radio between your ear and shoulder so you can unwrap the bar in your hands. "Well, thanks for the help." The Parasite says, preparing to battle. "Don't mention it. Oh, and good luck out there." With that, your conversation ends as the Klaxosaurs reach the first group. Taking a bite out of the Protein pack with a hard crunch, you think back on how all this started. The afternoon before, you met with the three members of Squad 13. Back when you decided to try and make the humans your allies.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Weeks earlier

thirty minutes after returning to the surface

You had walked the long way back to camp after leaving Delphinium and Chlorophytum to regroup with their friends. Your suit's fuel was running low on energy, and your body ached in pain. All you wanted to do once you got to camp was eat something and go to bed, but you know that wouldn't happen. As you got closer to base camp, you could spot Naomi noticing your approach and calling Naosu to come to greet you as you arrived. Carefully placing the pieces of metal that you've grabbed on the ground, followed by your tail next to it. Then you began to study the cylindrical gift Jyn had given you.