Chapter Six: Unlikely Friends

Hey guys Mcdankler here, quick note for this chapter and any going forward. When the way a character talks looks like this: ("This one's a long one and hope your liking the story.") It means that they are speaking the Klaxions native language.

Just wanted to let you know before you start. Without further ado, enjoy.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

It had been around half an hour since you left both Naosu and Naomi. You were currently dragging your tail across the earth as you near a large metal door embedded in the side of a cliff. You wanted your mission to be as clean and quiet as possible. That all started by making sure no one could follow you. As such, you'd lowered your tail to the ground to hide your tracks, even if it was uncomfortable.

Stepping onto the metal ground in front of the door, you raised your tail to a more neutral position and knocked the dirt off of it. 'This seems to be the place,' you think, looking at the heavy door surrounded by biomass. 'Now, how in the world does it get inside?' Finding two openings at the bottom of the thing, you slide your hands into them and try to pull the door up. Quickly however, you find that the door too heavy to be opened by yourself. Removing your hands from under the door, you fail to notice a camera on the side of the cliff following you as you move away from the door.

Pacing back and forth, you wonder how you'd get inside. 'Maybe I could use the sword to cut a hole in it,' you think, stopping where you stood. 'No, that would take too long.' You would continue to pace until the sound of ancient machinery coming to life stopped you. Sunlight filled the dark interior as it fully opened allowing you to enter. Walking up to the entrance, you look down the dark tunnel. Suddenly the lights on your suit power down as you decide it maybe easier to sneak through without them.

Entering into the tunnel, it only took a few minutes before you could no longer see what was in front of you. Activating your suit's night vision, the world around you gets bathed in a greenish hue with their outlines highlighted with a narrow blue line. Raising your hand into your line of sight, it gets highlighted by a light green light. 'Well, that still works.' You think to yourself as you continue deeper into the outpost. After a few more minutes of walking, you notice more and more of the tunnel getting covered in Klaxosaur biomass. That's when you realized this place wasn't just some abandoned APE facility. It was a Klaxosaur hive.

You wanted to turn tail and get out of there, but you told Hime you would check it out, and you weren't leaving until you found what she sensed. Proceeding with caution, you continue slowly walking deeper into the hive. Eventually, You stop as you see an odd outline going from wall to wall. The blue line hovered barely off the ground but still high enough to get snagged on a passerby. It was also more outline than object, which made you believe it was some form of tripwire.

Carefully you step over the wire and return to walking. Continuing to approach an unknown destination, you were keeping an eye out for any Klaxosaurs. Though surprisingly, there were none, meaning they were either resting or for some reason had abandoned the hive. You hoped for the latter, but you knew it wasn't the case. They were probably resting, and more likely than not, the tripwire was to ring the dinner bell if some poor soul entered. 'Still though, wonder where they are?' You thought to yourself, failing to notice a few hidden tunnels as you walked past. Inside, dozens of sleeping Klaxosaurs, all ready to ambush the first person to wake them up.

You would continue to walk through the hive until you spotted a light at the end of the tunnel. Walking into the light you entered into a large circular room with a dark hole in the middle of it. Turning off your night vision, you were surprised by how much the of the facility was still working.