Chapter Three: Getting a Foothold

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Cosmos Aerial Fortress

Seven Sages meeting room

"It seems our mystery Klaxosaur has finally shown itself." Baboon states as several stills of the Warrior circle the room. "I would hardly call that progress," Gorilla grunts. "Are you forgetting that thing almost single-handedly took down Strelitzia and then escaped not long after?" A hologram of your fight with Strelitzia then materializes in the center of the room. Followed close behind by the damage report for the Franxx.

"Yes, but in the time it was around, we were able to gain much data on it." Lemur adds to his thoughts. Before pressing a button on his chair to pull up multiple boxes of information around your suit. All were filled with stats on hypothetical speed, strength, intelligence, and a list of other categories.

"I agree with Lemur on this," The Vice Chairman speaks up. "Even with the damage it inflicted on Strelitzia. It was more than worth it in the end." Even with the disagreements they might've had on the Klaxosaur at the moment. They all nodded in agreement at the Vice Chairman's words.

That was until Tarsier piped up to speak his mind on the subject. "That's all good in all Chairman. But I'm more worried about how we are going to deal with our little problem. If this thing can be Strelitzia's equal in a fight. How are any normal Parasites supposed to deal with it? I mean, we can't just send wave after wave of Parasites after it, hoping that one of them gets lucky. The thing has done enough damage as is."

On the screens, different sections of the Klaxosaur's fight with Strelitzia start to play. While in the center of them all. The hologram turns to static before getting replaced by a 3D render of the humanoid Klaxosaur's head and shoulders.

"It is nothing to be concerned about, Tarsier." Papa says, entering the conversation as he motions to the spinning projection. "We now know how it fights and what it's capable of. When this Klaxosaur does return. Then I feel as though Strelitzia, The Nines, or even The Chosen should be more than enough to handle it. However, if worse does come to worst, we could always wake Them up to deal with it."

The room went deafly silent at the mention of Them. Their eyes locked on Papa as they made sure they heard him right. Even without saying the team's name everyone knew who he was referring to. Though they were even more surprised he insinuated on thawing them out. Though just as soon as the silence came, it was just as quickly broken by Lemur.

"Well, on a similar note." His words broke all attention away from Papa. "I would like to make a proposal for the creation of a new class of Klaxosaur."

Baboon intrigued by their motion then leans in to speak. "Why would that be?"

"Well, this new Klaxosaur is far too different from any we've ever seen in the past. This one can think, talk, and use weaponry. Almost like an evolution of the ones we've been fighting for the past 300 years."

"So what do you propose, Lemur?" Marmoset questioned her fellow sage. With the rest just as quizzical as her. "Novus-class. after the Latin phrase Novus Homo," Lemur answers. "New man? You are aware that breaks the standard naming conventions for Klaxosaurs, right?" Tarsier points out. "Exactly this is new, different, a one of its kind. As such, it should be separated into its own class." 

Papa raises his hand and speaks. "Very well, those in favor of the creation of a new class of Klaxosaur?" Each of the Seven members then raises their hands. "Those against?" A few seconds of silence go by with no one objecting. "Very well, with this, the Novus-class has been made official."