Weekly Writing Contest It's a Scary New Year

You guys did a great job with the last one and I was really impressed with the quality of writing. Keep up the good work!

So, it's another new year and we're all off to a great start with our new resolutions and our fancy new 2011's all over the place. But you know what? Some people are scared of new things, panicked at the thought of the unknown! Starting over can be a terrifying experience.

That leads me to this week's theme.

Horror!

Yep, that's it.

You get to write whatever you want just as long as it scares me silly! I want my heart pounding in fear when I read these. I want to spend my nights awake, unable to sleep from the horror you have instilled in me. I want a good, old-fashioned case of the heebie-jeebies!

Let's see what you've got hiding in the old attic there as you attempt to thrill us with your haunted, ghastly, eerie, spooky, beastly and/or maniacal tales of horror.

As always, there is a 2000 character limit but you can enter as many times as you like.

Also, because of the nature of this week's contest, I'm going to have to insist on original work only. I don't want to see that old tale that you used on your friends at sleepovers or that you read somewhere online. Make it up from scratch.

Best of luck to you all and thanks for participating.

The deadline for this is midnight, Friday, January 14, 2011.

This week's winner was TheOrangutan. Great job!