Weekly Writing Contest Happy What?

Happy New Year!

I can't believe how many people are taking part in these contests and doing such a great job. Last week's entries were really great. I had a very hard time choosing just one! I hope you guys are enjoying this as much as I am.

So, it's a new year, and a new week so let's get to our new contest.

You're standing in the middle of of crowded dance floor, dressed to the nines, celebrating with all your friends and your nearest and dearest. You're all counting down the seconds for the coming of the New Year together, the excitement is palpable in the air. Three... Two... One... Happy New Year! Everyone shouts together and a roar of noise fills the place as music starts and everyone is screaming. You start to get passed through the throng as everyone starts giving kisses of best wishes and before you know it, you find yourself facing your one true love. You both smile as you lean in for that first kiss of the new year; your eyes close as your lips touch.

When you open your eyes again, the scene has changed. The banners that said "Happy 2011!" now read 2021. 2021! Your mind races as you think to your self "What's going on!"

So, what is going on?

That's the question you get to answer in 2,000 characters or less.

Don't forget, grammar, spelling, and punctuation count!

Best of luck to you all and I look forward to seeing what you all come up with.

This contest closes at midnight on Friday, January 7, 2011.

The winner of this was @chairsniffa. Congrats!