Weekly Writing Contest What's in Your Box

Hi everyone! Merry Christmas!

You guys did a great job last week with the Wattpaddy Holiday Titles. They were all really funny and made it hard for me to choose.

This week, you have a choice of whether you want to be funny or not. Here's the task:

It's early Christmas morning; before you even finish rubbing the sleep from your eyes, you jump up out of bed and run to the living room. There you find the tree decorated with lights and colorful ornaments and lots of sparkly tinsel streamers. There are boxes of every size and shape and color stuffed underneath and you decide to grab one and open it before anyone else has a chance to wake up. All of them are pretty and you start looking at the name tags to find one that's for you. As you bend down to the pile, your eye is caught by a big, silver box hidden in the back. You move everything around to get to it and a smile lights up your face when you see that it's for you. Settling into your favorite chair with the package on your lap, you notice that the paper wrapping is shimmering strangely; it's nothing like the paper your family usually gets and you spend a few nanoseconds puzzling over who could have left it for you before you rip it off. Underneath the odd paper is a plain white box, it's not even closed with tape so you put your hands on the two flaps at the top and...

That's it. Your job is to finish the story. You have 2,000 characters or less to tell us what's in your box.

This is your chance to show off your writing skills; you can be funny or sentimental or scary or romantic. Whatever you do best, do it. I do give points for good punctuation, spelling and grammar.

This contest closes at midnight (my time) on December 31, 2010.

Please check out the first page if you need a refresher on the rules and best of luck to everyone.

The winner of this one was @Sheri_Dancez. Congrats