12) Mistakenly Misunderstood

CLICK

The door opened wide. Hailey, Sean, Luke, and Milly were at the living room, probably waiting for them to come home as they watched the television.

Hailey was the first to glance back. As soon as she immediately saw Zander and Jake entering the room, she stood up and ran to tackle Zander.

"Don't leave like that again!!" Hailey forced, looking like she was almost about to cry. Zander groaned, trying to push Hailey off.

"Look, I'm fine. See! I'm right here." Zander said. Hailey didn't listen. She continued to sob as everyone gathered around them.

"Where were you anyway?" Milly asked, looking at Jake since Zander seemed to bee troubled.

"Outside. Where else can we be?" Jake muttered in a monotone. His face looked dull and it felt like there was a wall covering his face.

"No! I mean, in actuality. Where were you?" Milly fixed her previous statement. Jake gave her a glare.

"Somewhere around this block. Stop asking me. I'm going to bed." Jake decided, going to the other room. Milly and everyone else faced him. Hailey stepped away from Zander, letting him go.

"What!? Hey! Don't just leave---!"

SLAM!

The door shut closed. Everyone in the room became curious. Why did he suddenly acting so upset? Did something happen while he was gone? Who would know what happened?

Then, the whole room faced Zander. Zander widened his eyes, scared at the intimidation of the room. Only he knew what happened. He was there with Jake.

"W-why are you all l-looking at me? It's creepy, y'know?" Zander commented with his stuttering mouth. Though, he knew why everyone's looking at him.

"What happened out there when you're with Jake!? Did you make him upset!?" Milly asked with a growl.

"Why would I do such a thing!? I thought you all know that I trusts him!" Zander argued back, obviously not wanting to remind himself of THAT event.

"But you're the one who's with him!? Unless Jake got kidnapped or something!" Milly glared, telling the only logical explanation.

"Well I---"

"Stop this, you two!" Hailey ordered but none of them listened. Milly and Zander kept on arguing.

"I didn't do anything wrong! Can you understand that!?" Zander shouted.

"But you two are together the whole time, right!?" Milly asked. "Then something must've happened between you two!"

"Stop making this sound like a murder case you're trying to solve! It's not bad!" Zander assumed.

"Zander! Just tell the dang truth already. We could solve this problem! We don't want anyone sad!" Milly tried her best, but this only made Zander snap.

"Shut up!! Just shut up! I'm so sick and tired over everything and now people assume things about me!" Zander yelled. "You don't understand how it feels! You don't understand how it feels when the person you love hates you!"

Milly widened her eyes, realizing what Zander just said. Everyone in the room pieced it together in silence.

"W-wait... S-so your soulmate is----" Milly stuttered. Zander pushed Milly in anger. This would trigger Milly, but since she knew what happened...

"Don't talk to me." He glared, leaving the house to go outside once again. Hailey sighed, wanting to catch after him but Luke stopped her.

"We need to give him space." Luke said. Hailey pulled her hand away from him.