8) Trust Me

(i has to make this discord accurate so sorry for the *)

***Prepare for the fluff uwu***

JAKE'S POV

"Just please Zander. If anything else happens like this, tell us sooner." Hailey looked at Zander. Her voice sounded like she was making a promise. "That goes for the rest of you! We're a team, we can help each other! That's what this is all for, right?"

I thought I was the sad one. I thought that I'm the person who'll die alone but I was wrong.

"Yeah we are! A team of close friends!" Milly exclaimed, clutching her fists.

*Cough.*

I looked at Zander. That noise. That simple noise can now just make everyone panic.

"Zander!!" Hailey ran up to him, checking his face if he was okay. He was hiding his mouth with his hands but he still kept coughing. This bad?. "No no! Get him to the bathroom, someone!"

She looked left and right, only to see me. "Jake!"

"Huh?"

"Get him to the bathroom quick!" She ordered.

"But I---" I was confused. I barely know anything about this disease.

"Just do it!" She frowned. I sighed, grabbing Zander. He was actually shorter than I thought.

"S'rry..." Zander managed to say. I nodded.

"I-it's fine." I said, smiling slightly with a reassuring voice. So Zander does have a soulmate. And his soulmate likes him. Who is his soulmate?

We slowly made our way to the boys bathroom. Luckily, no one is in there. I mean, there are other bathrooms around the school.

As soon as we step in, Zander ran to the sink and turned on the tap. There were a small trail of blood from his mouth. His hands were filled with three petals. There were thorns too.

He quickly washed his mouth and hands quietly. I just watched him from the door. We didn't say a word to each other. This is very awkward.

"Um... Who helped you with these stuff?" I asked.

"Luke. He's the only person who knows about it." Zander explained.

"Can you tell me who caused you this?" I asked. "I mean, the person you like?" I asked.

"If I tell you, you'll hate me." He said.

"Why? Is it Drew?" I asked. It would make sense why he's always avoiding me and my friends.

"No. It's not him. It's not Liam or Henry either." He said, turning off the tap. If it's not them, it has to be someone in class.

"Sadie? She seems scary." I said.

"My soulmate is not scary. It's also a guy. Remember?" He asked. I nodded. But then who?

"Can you give me a clue?" I asked.

"He... Has a jacket but never actually use it for something." Zander mumbled, chuckling. "*Cough...*"

"Oh." I walked up to him and tried to find tissue or something but I couldn't find it. "Where are the bloody tissues!?"

"I-is there-- *cough* --anything else?" He asked, but continued to cough. I looked around and saw nothing.

"Um uh." Think quick! "Oh, my jacket?"

"Isn't it freaking dirty!?" Zander noticed and coughed.

"I wash it everyday, idiot." I sighed before I untie it. I gave it to him quickly as he snatched it and closed his mouth with it. His other palm was very bruised and had lots of cuts. Probably from the thorns. "Um. I can get bandages or something."