4) Switched Petals

JAKE'S POV

I ran, following the petal as I wish that it'll be Daisy. But my other side told me that it's not Daisy and that it could be someone else. But who?

Hailey seems nice, well sometimes. But she's supportive and funny. If it's Drew... I don't even want to imagine it. It couldn't be Henry or Liam because their petals went the direction away from me.

If it's Millie, I'd be the most scared person in the whole world. If it's Sean, then. Well, he's not so bad. But we both don't really have a lot of connections, including Luke.

Lia and Zoey... I think they don't believe in soulmates as well, just like Drew. Then what about Zander?

Psh. No way it's him, right?

I continued to run but then bumped into someone. Agh, of course I would bumped into someone.

"Sorry I-" I quickly said but got cut off.

"Jake!" As soon as I heard Hailey's voice, I started to chill. "Ah, the petals!" Hailey said. One was heading to the way on the left and one was heading to the one on the right.

"Um... I think mines was this one." I pointed at the one on the left.

"I mean, we can't be sure. Our petals have the same color." Hailey said as the petals flew far.

"Oh. Sorry. Gotta go follow the petal!" I said, running towards the petal on the left. If this is switched then, I hope it's not someone I really wanted.

The petal led me to the roof. I peeked from the stairs and saw it landing on a girl...

Daisy!

"Oh my." She said, grabbing the petal on her head and chuckled. "Someone tried to find me."

The girl beside Daisy also looked at the petal.

"Oh, wow. My soulmate haven't tried to find me yet. I'm disappointed." The girl said. Daisy let out a small sigh.

I can't believe my soulmate is Daisy! But, it could be switched with Hailey...

No, there's no way. I've never seen Hailey talk with Daisy before. She has to be my soulmate, I'm ninety-nine percent sure.

As I was thinking about the soulmate situation, the girl who Daisy was talking to is gone. Maybe I can go talk to her. This is my chance.

I nervously walked up to her, but it felt more like a stroll. Daisy looked back at me and smiled.

"Oh, hey Jake!" She greeted with her cheery voice. I smiled awkwardly.

"Ah, uh... Hey, Daisy." I stuttered. That was embarrassing. What's wrong with you, Jake!?

"What's wrong? Do you need anything?" She asked.

"Um. I'm just, uh..." Oh god. I never actually thought about what I should say. I wish I can rewind time away from this embarrassment.

"It's okay, Jake! Is the club going okay?" She asked. Did she assume I was about to say sorry or something? Eh, whatever.

"Yeah. It is, it is..." I repeated, fiddling with my hands a little. She giggled.

"Oh, how wonderful! I can't wait to see you on stage! You're going to be amazing!" Her eyes shined like I was staring to an angel. I'm so happy I met her. I'm so happy that she may be my soulmate. I'm so happy over everything! "Jake? Are you okay?"

"What? Oh, I'm fine." I gave a small thumbs up. Why did I stare at her like that? She must've think I'm creepy.

"Oh wait. It's already 12:30. That's time for you to practice, right?" Daisy asked. I nodded. "Okay. I'll leave you to it. Good luck, Jake!" She waved as she walked away with her beautiful smile.

"Ah, yeah. B-bye Daisy." I stuttered but she was already off. "Don't do that ever again, Jake. Don't do that."

----@----

"Zander! There you are!" I heard Millie said from the music club. "Why weren't you at practice yesterday!?"

"I was in detention!" Then I heard Zander1. "Please let go of my hand!"

"Oh... Okay. I'll let that slide for now." I walked into the club and saw that Millie was glaring at Zander as Sean and Luke watched. "But if you do it again, I will---"

"Uh... Is everyone okay?" I decided to ask, walking towards them.

"Yeah." Millie calmly said.

"Where's Hailey? She's the only person we need." Luke thought out loud, looking around if one of us has the answer.

"She's blowing the petal again." Zander said as he suddenly looked at me with his serious face. "Jake, who's your soulmate?"

"Huh? Why are you questioning all of the sudden?" I asked, hiding my face.

"Just curious." He shrugged as if it was nothing serious.

"Yeah! Who is it, Jakey?" Millie asked.

"Uh..." I looked around. I can just dash out of this room but then I might get kicked out of the club. "Why don't you guys tell me first?"

"I haven't tried." She said.

"Me neither." Sean replied.

"Mhm." Luke nodded in agreement. I groaned. Well, they probably won't be surprised, right?

"Okay. I'll say it. My soulmate is Daisy." I said. "It's not a surprise. I'm actually happy that it's her!"

"Are you sure it's her?" Luke asked.

"Yes, I'm sure. I guess. Ninety-nine percent sure." I said with full confidence.

"Yo! That's awesome! Daisy's like the prettiest girl in the whole school---" Millie cheered but got cut off by Zander coughing. "Zander, let me talk."

"Agh, sorry..." Zander said weakly but continued to cough, closing his mouth with his hand completely. Luke jumped and immediately grabbed Zander's shoulders.

"Uh, we're going to the bathroom. Sorry. Let's just practice together after school." Luke suggested before leaving with a coughing Zander.

"What's wrong with him? Is he sick or something?" Sean asked.

"Probably chocking on air." Millie said. "He's probably jealous that your soulmate is Daisy."

"Haha, yeah." I said. But it can't be. He's gay. Why would he care over something like that? "Did Zander ever say anything to you? Or act completely different than he used to act like?"

"Other than not talking as much as he used to, no." She said, taking her guitar. "It's just the three of us now. We are gonna go nowhere in the competition!"

"There's still hope. We have a week left." Sean said.

"Yeah we do." I joined in. Sean and Millie had a small discussion on what to do. But I wasn't exactly focused over that.

I'm actually worried about Zander for once. But this might be the first and last time I'll be worried.

"Hey, Jakey. Why are you so quiet?" Millie asked. "Why is everyone being so quiet? Is it like an unknown trend I haven't catch up?"

"No. It's something else." I muttered. Oh no. I didn't mean to say that.

"Something else? Like what?" Sean asked.

"Nothing. Let's just practice. We can continue after school, like what Luke said, right?" I reminded what Luke said.

"Eh, sure." Millie strum her guitar.

----@----

by the way, the cough wasn't corona if you are wondering.