9) Late Night Texts

ZANDER'S POV

I quickly took a book from my locker and quickly closed it. At least I kept this book, or else I wouldn't be able to finish my homework.

"Zander! There you are!" I heard as Hailey ran up to me like she usually do. Oh no. She's probably going to scream at me for skipping.

"Hi Hailey. What's wrong?" I asked as if nothing happened. Maybe if I confuse her, she won't ask.

"You weren't in class! Where were you!?" She asked, then looked at my hand. "Wait, is that..?" Hailey noticed the bandages on my palm and laughed.

I blushed. "Shut up, Hailey." I groaned. "This isn't mine!" Then her laugh slowly dies down.

"It's not?" She asked. "If it's not, then who?" Oh no again. "Did somebody gave this to you as a gift?"

"No!" I answered.

"Wait, why do you have bandages in the first place?" Hailey asked, shocked. "Are you okay? Did you hurt yourself? I said to tell me sooner---"

"I got scratches when I was in the bathroom with Jake." I explained, half lying. Hey, at least it won't make her panic.

"Oh, I see. Did Jake help you out with that?" She asked like a protective mother.

"Ah, yeah." I smiled.

"Aww. That's so cute! So are those bandages his?" She asked once again. How many questions does this girl have!?

"Yeah. But he forced me to keep the rest of it. So my locker is filled with, uh..." I muttered. Hailey then started laughing again.

"Haha, okay. I get it. But you still haven't explain why you weren't in class." She reminded, raising his finger. I sighed in guilt. "If our parents find out, they'll get so mad. What happened anyway?"

"So, Jake helped me with the scratches on my hand but the bell rang and he had to do like a full on medic thing." I explained. "What is it called? First aid? I don't get it either."

"That's so nice of him!" Hailey smiled. "I see why you like him now." My face immediately heats up. "He's so sweet and kind under that surface of bully and hate."

"Shut up!" I groaned.

"But the process won't take a whole hour, would it?" Hailey noticed. "What did you do after he helped you with the scratches?"

"Why are you so curious?" I asked, pouting. "I don't know. We just had a bit of fun. Y'know, splashing water everywhere."

"After all these years, you're still a child." Hailey said. "So, do you think he likes you back..?" She asked with full on hope in her eyes. I looked down.

"I hope so..? He hasn't figure out his soulmate yet." I mumbled. No hopes are up yet.

"Daisy said she already told him that she wasn't her soulmate." Hailey told. "Then he knows he still have a soulmate out there. He couldn't be THAT selfish, can he?"

"I don't know." I said, speechless. I can't force him to like me either. If he doesn't like me, even though I'm his soulmate then...

"Come on, let's go home. Tomorrow will be practice." Hailey patted my shoulder. I nodded, sighing as we both made our way home.

----@----

It was night time. I couldn't sleep with all the pain that's in my throat. So I decided to use my phone and check what's up.

I never texted anyone, really. I only text people when I have questions or something important happened. Maybe I should try texting just for fun.

I checked my messages and saw a group that I was added to some months ago called "Best Music Club". Milly named it, not me.