Chapter 34

Thursday, 3 August 2017 – Joshua

I can't help but stare at her beautiful face. Her lips hypnotize me with each movement and when she takes a pause to sip on her latte or take a bite of her food I am pulled back to reality. To the reality of this moment. I want to stretch out this meal for as long as I can just to be able to have her for one more second. On the other hand, I want to run down the stairs and turn around to find her standing there.

The conversation is comfortable as if I never gave the ultimatum. Is it comfortable because she is practicing to be friends only, because she knows her decision or because she doesn't want to think of what she's about to do? I have never been this nervous and scared in my whole life. As the conversation dies down, each second that passes burns my skin, and most of all my heart.

The small table between us is cleared and I can no longer delay the next step. I searched her eyes again for an answer without finding anything but her glowing pregnancy sparkles. "You are magnificent." I say while I take her hands in mine. This might be the last time, I remind myself. I hug her hands with mine while standing. I look down at her and caress her face with my fingertips and bend down and kiss her forehead. "I love you and I always will." I state softly as I look into her eyes.

Step for step I slowly make my way to the stairs. I count each one like you would pull a petal from a flower. She loves me, she loves me not, she loves me, She loves me not, She loves me, She loves me not.... By the time I reach the stairs with a she "she loves me not" I look back, but I can't see her face she is staring out the window. I take each step again continuing my, she loves me, she loves me not, she loves. By the last step, my heart is beating in my throat, my palms are sweaty, I focus on my breathing... in... and out... in and out and then I take the final step to the ground... She loves me not...

Slowly I turn while keeping my head to the ground, too scared to look up, scared of the truth, fearing for the future. If she is not there this will all be my fucking fault... I pushed her away. I gave her a ticket to run away. If this was a movie a waiter would interrupt me before I could lookup. I made sure we won't have any interruptions after the table is cleared. My eyes follow each step towards the top. She loves me, she loves me not, I start again. One more step.... One more....

"Why do you love me?" she asks as her pretty shoes come in to view. My eyes shoot to her face. She's there. She's there oh thank fuck. I feel my eyes getting moist and I smile, only real shit like this brings tears to my eyes.

"I just do. I don't need a reason to love you, I just do." She carefully walks down the stairs and when she is a few steps away I fall to one knee. "Yes I love you, and for that, you'll marry me." I state. First, she looks more shocked than before, and then I see her gutsy witty side coming to light.

"Oh so you aren't asking, but already ordering me around?" she says with her witty smile.

"Yes, you made your choice when you were at the top of the stairs. Now give me that hand" I say while pulling her hand into mine and slipping the ring on her finger. The longer she stares at the ring the wider her smile gets. Oh, thank fuck.

"I love you too, even when you make it hard to, I love you." She tells me with a tear falling down her face. I pick her up and twirl us around. I look up at her as we stop twirling. "I have a gift for you." I tell her before pulling her closer to me and kissing her. When she doesn't open up to me immediately I lightly bite her lip. She moans and I can't help but smile, she is the perfect submissive and soon she will see it too.

I pay our bill with a generous tip and move us to the car. I open her door and slide the blindfold over her eyes and fasten her seatbelt. I purposely move my finger between the belt and her body. At first, she would think that I am only feeling if it's not too tight. I slowly move from her him over her beautiful baby bump and them between her growing breasts to her shoulder and then down to her hip again. From her hip I again move over the underside of her belly to the other hip and back, but this time on the underside of the belt. My fingers trace over her leg then between legs, I smile when I see her biting her lip.