Chapter Nineteen

"Wow Talon that was one heck of a speech. The wolves here were beginning to worry they had come for nothing, but that restored everyone's faith. I'm glad you are finally out of your funk." Talon smiled as Hally beamed at him with praise and admirtion. He was distracted though, and not all to happy at that.

The second he had finished someone had pulled Jericho off the stage and dragged him with them. At first he had thought nothing of it, but then he had seen who had pulled him away. He was handsome, and looked at Jericho like he was some kind of meat. Jericho appeared oblivious and unresponsive to the male's flirty attitude, but still Talon was not a happy camper at the moment. Jericho was his, and he was willing to use violence to prove that if need be.

"Hey, who is that wolf with Jericho?" Talon tried to seem nonchalant but had a feeling he had epically failed.

"Oh some hotshot name Houston, he had been lined up for a pack too, but then he heard abouut us and decided to come. He is kind of a jerk, and he is always stealing Jericho and flirting with him. I have a feeling he thinks if he has Jericho, he can have the pack. I would ecourage you to take action. I am off to find my mate, great job!" Hally hurried off into the crowd, and Talon started toward Jericho with a purpose.

Houston had short brunette hair and had a good build. Which wouldn't piss him off if he wasn't trying to steal his reason to keep living. As he got closer he calmed down a little, Jericho was looking about nervously and Talon could tell he only stayed so as not to be rude. Well lucky for him, Talon had no problem being rude enough for both of them. He reached them and put a possesive arm around Jericho, he looked up with grateful eyes.

"Hey baby, who is this?" He deliberately aimed the question at jericho as a way to further prove how much Jericho was his.

"The name is Houston, and I would like you to remove your arm from my mate." Talon and Jericho looked at each other with identical looks of shock. Apparently Jericho hadn't known he was the guy's "mate" either.

"That is so odd, because you know I have spent all this time thinking he was my mate." Talon didn't even bother to give such a stupid statement a serious response. He juust glared at the jackass and pulled Jericho closer.

"Well you were mistaken, right Jerry? Don't you love me?" He looked at Jeriho with something that appeared to be an attempt at a loving look, but it had an evil, threatening undertone. Oh ya that look did nothing to improve his mood.

Ummm, no. I love Talon, I have told you this before." Jericho said in a small, scared voice. Talon's stomach hit the floor. Had Houston done something to Jericho?

"You know our deal you little bastard. You come with me and I let your mate live."

"I don't need you to let me live. I am stronger than you, I can smell it." Talon was going to kill him for calling Jericho a little bastard.

"I have never lost a fight and from what I hear you yave never been in one. Hally keeps talking about some sort of secret weapon you have, but news flash, being gay is nat a secret weapon." Houston and he were snarling at eachother. Yup, shit was about to go down.

"Well, okay let's see what you think of my other secret weapon." Talon stepped back and let go of jericho. He took a deep breath for courage, and lit himself up. YES! He hadn't known if he would be able to light himself on fire but it had worked! He sighed in relief at his not being burnt to a pulp and focused back on Houston. The asshole wasn't so cocky now. Talon laughed and began slowly approaching him.

He practically fell over himself to get away. Apparently he was going to forfeit the fight already.

You are not welcome here, go home." He said it in a normal voice, but the fact that he was on fire carried quite a bit of weight. Houston nodded and turned into a wolf running away as fast as he could. He let the fire subside and jericho ran into his arms. A huge cheer came up from the onlookers, but Talon put his hands up to shush them.

"Everybady pack up we have to move. My guess is he went straight to the king. Hurry p and pack we are leaving in an hour." He looked at the woods where the wolf had dissapeared and pulled Jericho close and kissed his forehead. He had saved his mate and that was all that mattered. They could deal with the rest, heck dealing with the rest seemed to be becoming their main pasttime. All he had to do was look at Jericho to realize how grateful he was for that. He smiled and gave him a quick kiss.

"Come on babe, let's pack."

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hey guys! In honor of having one hundred fans I uploaded this! I love you guys for all the comments and votes! I have been swamped with school and I have had no chance to write. But a 12 hour bus ride keeping you up all night is a great time to do it. Sorry for mistakes, this was written on a bus with my phone. Love you guys, keep voting and commenting and fanning! You are all awesome!

LOVE,

MyOptimusPrime