Chapter Sixteen-Part One

Jericho was pissed. Talon watched as he stomped around looking as if he was about to kill somebody. Looking back it was probably not a good idea to keep the whole Mike thing a secret, but he hadn't really been thinking. He had been so excited about it, and he had assumed his mate would be as well. Judging by Jericho's reaction however, well Talon was considering wearing a nut cup to apolagize.

The pack was dispersing and he knew that he had to say sorry before Jericho found a ride with someone. He walked cautiously toward his mate, very afraid of what might be done to him. Just as he opened his mouth to say sorry his phone began to ring. He sighed impatiently and ripped it out of his pocket violently.

"Hello," he barked.

"Hey, it's Hally. I just wanted you to know that I have gotten in touch with a few of my friends. They want to join the pack and they think they can find more people as well. I thought you would want to know." Talon blinked in shock. This might be easier than he thought if they didn't have to find all of the new members on their own.

"Thanks, Hally. You didn't have to do that." He made sure his gratitude shown well in his voice.

"This cause is just as important to me as it is to you guys, and so I want to help in any way I can. I'm just glad you are giving us the opportunity." She sounded truly happy to be able to help. Talon was beggining to like the woman a lot.

"Well, thanks again. Now if you will excuse me, my mate is mad at me and I have to try to put it right." Hally chuckled softly over the phone.

"Good luck, with that little guy you are probably going to need it." Talon hung up and put the phone back in his pocket. Hally was right, he was definetely going to need all the luck he could possibly get.

"Hey baby, listen I am really sorry about not telling you. I just got a little overexcited." He said when he got close to his mate.

Jericho turned toward him and Talon's heart broke when he saw the tears in his beautiful green eyes.

"Oh really? You're sorry, huh Talon. It doesn't seem like you are very sorry. We shouldn't have to have this conversation twice in one day. Well, I guess we didn't actually have it before, but we should have! I trusted you, and twice in one day you have proven you don't really trust me! I would have supported this decision! It's a good idea! I deserve better than to be kept in the dark! We are supposed to be partners!" Jericho was practically yelling by the end of it. He looked up at Talon defiantly, angrily wiping the tears from his face.

"I'm sorry! I never meant to hurt you! You have to believe me! I love you so much, and I do trust you! I trust you more than anybody in the entire world!" Talon said on the verge of tears himself.

"Obviously not! You don't even act like we are mates!!!!!!" Jericho screamed loudly. There had been conversation going on around them up until this point, but suddenly it went dead quiet. Like eerily quiet. Shit, Talon thought, they were totally screwed.

"Wait a minute. You guys are mates?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Short one this time, but I wanted to update. Thank you guys for all the continued support! I really love all of you guys! Song is I Won't Give Up by Jason Mraz! I believe it is perfect for Talon and Jericho! Don't forget to comment, vote, fan and all of that good stuff that will make me happy!

LOVE,

Mrs. Optimus Prime