Chapter Nine

Talon's POV

I am a major douche bag. It's been two weeks, and my birthday is tommorow. I am not going to become alpha though, because even though I made the worst mistake of my life, and gave Jericho up. I can't seem to go out and find a replacement mate. I just go to school and mope and don't talk, and then I come home and shut myself into my room and cry. I should just go apoligize to Jericho and beg him to take me back. I don't deserve him though, and I know he will be better off without me.

"Talon!!!" My father screams from downstairs. Oh great just what I need right now, for him to rub the whole I'm not going to be pack alpha in my face. I pull myself out of bed and drag my feet into the living room. My dad is sitting on the couch, so I sit in the loveseat across from him. I wait for him to speak, I don't have the energy anymore. I am a living corpse, and talking is difficult for corpses, living or not.

"I know you think that this is about tommorow being your birthday, and it kind of is. But that is not the main reason I want to talk to you. You found your mate didn't you? It's Jericho isn"t it?" That caught my attention. How could he know? I hadn't told him, and I knew for a fact Jericho hadn't. I didn't speak, but more from shock than anything.

"I know the way you walk around the house now, like your life has no meaning. Which I guess means it didn't work out between you two." I felt the sting of tears at his words, but fought them back.

"I promised him we would fight, that I would change the world. That we would change the world. I thought that I could have the best of both worlds. A male mate and the job as pack alpha. I realize I was just being naive. I left him and I was going to get a female to help me be alpha, but I couldn't do it. So now I have nothing, no pack, but worst of all no mate." I choked on the words as I said them, but I refused to cry in front of my dad.

"I have a plan if you still want to fight. I know I haven't been much of a father to you, but I can at least do this." I sat up straighter, and indicated for him to go on.

"Well, our pack isn't very accepting, so I don't know that you would want to be alpha there anyway. But, there are tons of lone wolves. Ones that were forced out for some reason or another. They are all over the world. So I was thinking you gather these lone wolves, as many as you can find. You make a pack, and you can be alph of them.

"Now, it won't actually be a pack until the Minister of the council signs off. But if you manage to keep the formation of said pack a secret, well then you will have an army even the Minister himself will be afraid to mess with. Then you can do whatever you like, because I garuntee you will have the bigeest pack in the world. Probably the most powerful as well, anyone with a brain will think twice about bothering you guys. It won't be easy, but with my help, I think we can do it. And call Jericho, beg him to take you back, nothing in the world means anything without a mate." Dad finished speaking and waited patiently for me to pracess his words. It actually was decent plan.

"How do I know you are doing this for me? You are probably just doing it to stay pack alpha, and I can't trust you if that is your only motivation." I knew it was a risk talking to my dad like that, but I had to know I could trust him.

"I'm going to tell you something, but you can't tell anyone. Especially not your mother." I nodded that I understood.

"I am going to step down as alpha tommorow, even though it will not be to you. I am sick of being alpha, it has gotten me nowhere in life." He stopped and took a deep, calming breath. "I...have a male mate as well. Or, had one, I gave him up for the same reason you did. Trust me son, it is not worth it. We met in Spain. It was the summer before my birthday, and we went there to meet an alpha. Apparently, your grandfather was trying to get the rights to take over that pack as well, though I don't know how he planned to manage it from across the ocean. Anyway, me and him talked one time, but it was the happiest half hour of my life. Then I left him cold, even though he begged me not to. I just couldn't give up being alpha.

So I came back, married your mother, and took the pack. I found out shortly after that, that he had moved to the next town over. He still lives there today, every once in a while I will drive to the house he now lives in. I just sit and look at it and wonder where we would be today if I hadn't made that horrible decision. He still live alone, and the one time I caught a glimpse of him, he looked just as sad and lost as I am. He was just a little bit worse at hiding it. I made the worst mistake of my life leaving him, and I would do anything to take it back. To see him again and beg on my knees for him to forgive me, to beg him to take me back. Even though we never even had a relationship in the first place." Dad was crying at the end of it, and I went over and grabbed him in a hug.

I was shocked, but not mad. If anything it made me feel closer to my dad than I ever had, he seemed real to me now. He felt the same pain I was feeling right now. "What's his name?" I asked.

"Antonio. Antonio Barcola, my heart and my soul. Don't mess it up like I did son, even if you end up living life on the run as lone wolves, do not give up your mate." With those words spoken dad got up and left the room. I watched him leave, and then took my cell phone out.

I got voicemail, which probably meant he was screening his calls. "Listen Jericho, I am so sorry. Leaving you was the worst mistake I have ever made. I know I have some serious groveling to do for you to forgive me, but give me the chance to do it please. Meet me at the warehouse in an hour? I really hope you come, I can't live without out you baby. Without I'll crumble to dust and get carried away with the wind. Without you, I will die, because there is no way my heart can keep beating much longer. Not with giant hole it has in it right now. Anyway, enough cheesy lines, just come. Please." I pulled the phone from my ear, but didn't push end. I couldn't with the tears blinding me, not when it was the only thing connecting me and my Jericho.

-----------------------------

So I decided to add a little chees to this machine. I couldn't have the fight last very long, they just can't be apart. Anyway hope you enjoy, AND I HOPE YOU WERE SUFFICIENTLY SHOCKED!!!! EVEN I DID A LITTLE WTF FACE AT THIS CHAPTER! HAHAHAAHA!!!! Anyway, thanks everyone, love you alls!! Song is Before the Worst by....THE SCRIPT! Yay, and it totally fits as well. Toodalls(that is totally spelled wrong) hehe :) PLEASE COMMENT!!!

LOVE

Mrs. Optimus Prime