Avec Amour

The day was tiring for Céline. The album recording has just been done yesterday and she had her siesta all day but seems like it's just not enough. It's 10 o'clock in the morning and she's still soundly asleep.

Mackie and the boys started doing their own activities for school. They decided to enroll the kids at a Private School in Florida and Mackie and RC are enrolled in a University that is in Florida as well.

Renè took a day off as well that day since the album will be released earlier the next year. Until then, Céline and him are free to take a vacation for a while. No recording, no Vegas and no tour—yet.

He decided to wake up earlier than his wife to prepare breakfast for her but it wasn't too early that the kids are already at school. Renè's a fan of cooking shows that's what he's watching during his free days at home. Cooking for Céline is something he wanted to do today.

Wanting to recreate that Spaghetti he ate with Marie at Jollibee, he prepared the pasta and tomato for the sauce with the fresh carrots, celery and black pepper. The sauce is sweet so he's using honey for it. But he has no idea how that sauce was as red as that one. He thought of asking Mackie about it.

He took his phone and texted her daughter believing that he's in a class and busy for the lectures. He probably has to wait for a while before an answer but a couple of minutes after, there goes her daughter's reply.

Marie: Back at San Andrea papa, we use ketchup for the color to vividly red. They'll help for the sweet taste too. I suggest you add banana flavored one.

Ketchup for a pasta? That made him think but maybe that's the secret to how that pasta taste like that and they have stocks here so he didn't bother adding.

He followed everything she say, adding ground meat and sausages as well as his own made fresh sauce with it. The ketchup added the twist and then everything was done! It's almost 12 when he finished the dish and then Céline got out of bed obviously just woke up.

"Bonjour, Mon amour." He said and gave his wife a peck.

"Bonjour. You're cooking?" She took her seat at the usual part of the nook after.

"I'm trying to recreate the pasta Marie loves. This should taste like what we've eaten at that restaurant. I'm not sure you'll like it but I did." He gave her a serving and a fork. He's still wearing that apron.

"I missed this." She says sweetly before tasting the pasta.

"Hmm... it's sweet. That's how she likes it?"

He nodded. "Something too contrary to Italian you love... so, what do you think?"

"You're right, too contrary. But, I like it. Is it the celery?"

"I think it's the ketchup."

She looked curiously, "ketchup?"

"I asked Marie, told me it's the secret to Filipino sweet Pasta. A banana ketchup sauce."

"Is that it? This taste good! I think it would be better with—"

Renè served it with butter and bread toast. The best for this one, it would be. For sure.

"Hmm." This is one thing she fell in love with Renè. He's always preparing her good food she never tried before and she always end up loving it.

The memory came back to her when she's 22 when they're still hiding everything about them even from their families. They secretly bought a house in Alaska because he knew how much she likes cold places. They always ran there and have their time together. Forgetting everything about work, stress, a star and a manager, and the judgement eyes people could throw them.