50. Rockin' Down the Highway

[Devil May Care]

Dean was lying on a picnic table. Sam and Dylan sat next to him. Natalia was on the edge, kicking her feet.

"So, what, Cas and Rae are human?" Sam asked.

Dean sat up, next to Natalia. "Ish. I mean, they've got no grace, no wings, no... harp, whatever the hell else they had."

"Okay," Dylan said. "Where'd they crash-land? And what happens with the Archangel of Death being human?"

"Called me from a payphone from Longmont, Colorado. I told them just to make for the bunker. Honestly not sure."

"Well, you think they can handle a road trip like that?" Sam wondered.

Natalia drummed her hands on her legs. "Cas is a big boy. Rae's a big girl. Things go Breaking Bad, they know our number. Right now, we got bigger issues."

"The fallen angels?"

Dean nodded. "Yeah. I mean, thanks to Metatron, we now have a couple of thousand confused loose nukes walking around down here."

"Metadick," Natalia corrected, earning confused looks. "That's his name now."

"What do you think they're gonna do?" Dylan questioned.

Dean shook his head. "I got no damn clue."

"What about Crowley? You guys, uh..." Sam mimed slicing his throat.

"Nat and I would've loved nothing better than to ice that limey bitch. But then we thought to ourselves, what would Sam Winchester do?"

"I'd have stabbed him in the brain."

"Oh. Well, we figured the King of Hell might know a few things, so why not Zero Dark Thirty his ass?"

They got off the table and went to the car.

Sam frowned. "Wait, so Crowley is... alive?"

Natalia opened the trunk to reveal Crowley as Dean said, "Oh yeah. He's the junk in my trunk."

A Devil's Trap had been painted to keep Crowley there.

"Huh," Sam noted.

Dean and Natalia entered the bunker. An arrow came flying towards Natalia, and got stuck in the handrail a few feet in front.

"The hell?" Dean and Natalia said.

Kevin stood from behind his barricade of books and a flipped-over table, holding a crossbow. "Dean? Natalia? You're alive!"

"Yeah, 'cause you're a crappy shot, Katniss," Dean retorted.

"Sorry. It's been a bad couple of days. I-I haven't slept, or eaten, I'm pretty backed up."

"Okay, overshare."

"After we talked, this place went nuts, all right? Th-there was some alarm, and all the machines were freaking out, and the bunker just locked down. I couldn't open the door, my cell phone stopped working, I thought the world was ending."

"Close," Natalia replied. "The angels fell."

"The... what does that mean?"

"Nothing good." She took the crossbow from Kevin. "Listen. Next time the world's ending, grab a gun. Works a hell of a lot better."

She put the crossbow on the table and started walking away. Dean followed and pulled out his phone. "I got service."

Natalia pulled hers out. "Me too."