35. Blood Brothers

[Blood Brother]

Sam, Dean, Natalia and Dylan entered a motel room in Enid, Oregon. Sam crossed the bathroom and turned on the light. Dean and Dylan looked around the room and Natalia let out an irritated sigh.

She pointed at Sam and Dylan. "Well, that's twice that he's burned us. Shame on you two."

Sam frowned at her. "No, no, no, no. We're the ones who said he set us up. You and Dean said he burned us."

"No, you said, "I wonder if Kevin is setting us up", Dyl agreed, and then you started in with all the techno babble. That was two states ago."

"Yeah, well, whatever. Either way, that's another room billed to one of Kevin's false credit IDs." Dean picked a lock on the mini-bar. "And the motel ran his number today."

"Just like he actually checked in?" Dean asked.

Dylan nodded. "Yeah."

"Kid's like Rain Man. He's like a crappy little credit-card counting... criminal prodigy Rain Man."

Dylan shrugged. "I mean, he was in advanced placement."

Dean frowned at Dylan. "Shut up." He handed Sam, Dylan and Natalia a beer from the mini-bar. "When's that little idiot gonna stop running from us?"

Sam shook his head. "I don't know, Dean. I mean, you did try to kill his mother and Natalia didn't stop you, even though she claims she was after the tablet."

"We were trying to kill Crowley, okay? Who happened to be wearing Kevin's mother at the time. Well, there's a difference." Natalia nodded her agreement.

"Apparently not to Kevin. Oh, I know. Maybe because -- oh, yeah -- it's his mother."

Dean's phone rang. "Hold that thought. No, actually, you know what? Don't hold that thought."

He answered. "Hello? Hello? Uh, hang on. There's not enough bars." Dean walked outside, motioned for Natalia to follow, and closed the door behind them. "Benny?"

"Hey, Dean. Hope Natalia's with ya. You two, um -- you two got a minute? Afraid I messed up, buddy, ma'am."

"What did you do?" Dean asked worriedly.

"No, man, not like that."

Sam and Dylan looked outside to see Dean talking on the phone and Natalia listening closely. They exchanged a confused look.

Outside, Dean and Natalia glanced over their shoulders at the motel room window.

"Wait," Natalia said with a frown. "You took on how many? Are you out of your mind?"

"Hey. See, the thing is, my legs -- they ain't working so good. There's, uh... a fuel barge not too far from here. I'm pretty sure I can make it at a slow crawl. I was kind of hoping maybe I could ask you two for one more favor?"

Dean and Natalia walked back inside and put two bags down on the bed. Sam frowned. "And -- and what exactly is that supposed to mean, you two've got to go?"

"Which words are giving you trouble?" Dean retorted.

"We're on the case, remember, Dean, Natalia? The -- the Winchester/Scott holy grail, "shut the Gates of Hell forever" case."

Natalia nodded. "Sure we are. But, see, in order to close the Gates of Hell, we need our prophet, am I right? So our first step -- find Kevin Tran. As you can see, he ain't here. But clearly he wanted us to be, which means we're probably as far away from the kid as he could possibly put us. So step two -- find Kevin Tran!" She looked back at the mini-bar. "You two mind if I grab the Toblerone for Dean and myself? No? Great."