𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

Chapter eleven: I promise ─★──────────

"On the first of June, around 9:30 pm, you entered the swimming pool. Marina was there. You had an increasingly heated argument... until you picked up the trophy, and hit her on the back of the head with it. She did not die instantly, which means you left her there to bleed to death... This is what we believe happened, and more importantly, what the judge believes happened." Inspectora kept her gaze fixed on me, trying to see if I'm lying, whilst explaining Marina's death. "Do you have anything to say in your defence?" The clock kept on ticking loudly, scaring me more and more with each tick.

"Your sister has it." Carla exclaimed to me, Guzman and Polo.

About me and Guzman, we haven't been talking at all the past week, since what happened in town, and it made me feel shit. I felt as I was being too harsh on him, but he promised me something, but as always everything went fuck all. Standing there with him, made me feel extremely awkward, but it wasn't me time, so I kept my mouth shut.

"Did she tell you so?" Guzman asked.

"Almost. What does she think she's doing?" Carla scoffed.

"She's running away with Samuel's brother. They probably planned it together." Guzman sighed.

"Que dice? She's like actually leaving?" I asked and I earned a nod. "When is she leaving?"

"My parents are watching her, so probably during the party, tonight. I don't think she'll even stop at home." Guzman replied, as we all watched Marina standing by her locker.

"Why don't you ask?" Polo asked.

"That means she has the watch here." Carla cut him off.

When the party began, I was quick to approach Ander and Christian, who had a flask in his hand that took my attention.

"Came to see me?" Christian laughed.

"Yeah, I never dreamed of anything more than this." I snorted. "What's that?" I pointed at the flask in his hand.

"Some strong stuff, baby." Ander giggled, already tipsy as per usual.

I pulled the flask out of Christian's hand, and downed almost most of it. The liquid was burning my throat, but I couldn't care less as it would hopefully lift my mood up.

As I had nothing to talk with them about, I left heading to god knows where. I honestly just wanted to go home, I just had a feeling in my gut that tonight will be shit.

"Victoria! Here!" I heard my name being called out, so I turned around and saw Lu, waving her hands up in the air, for me to join her. She was sat on her own.

"What are you doing here? All alone?" I asked quite worried about my friend.

"Well, everyone seems to be busy tonight." She forced a smile.