𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞: 𝐋𝐨𝐬𝐭 𝐘𝐨𝐮  ─★──────────

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞: 𝐋𝐨𝐬𝐭 𝐘𝐨𝐮 ─★──────────

"It's okay. It's pre-trial detention. We pay bail, and he's released." Guzman told all of us. We were huddled around him, as his father got arrested. We tried our best to comfort him, but it wasn't an easy task if I'm being honest.

"And how much is it?" Lu asked him.

"Three hundred thousand." He sighed, leaving all of us speechless. "We'll pay this afternoon."

"And the trial?" Polo asked.

"It doesn't matter. They've got nothing." Guzman shrugged.

"Then why did they accuse him?" Ander questioned.

"I don't know, Ander. Shit, I don't know." Guzman replied slightly annoyed. "Some judge wanted to be on the news. No fucking idea! But they have nothing on him, okay? They have no proof." He exhaled loudly. "That's what your father says, Carla." All of us exchanged glances with the blonde girl.

Nothing was okay in our friendship group anymore. Guzman was always worried about Marina, and now the thing with his father. Carla's father's watches got stolen, one of them was a pen drive, including some shady information about Teodoro's and Ventura's business. Lu was heartbroken over her break up with Guzman, and she wouldn't shut up about it. Polo was arguing with Christian about some photo shoot him and Carla have offered him, and he was overall jealous of Carla. Ander was so in love with Omar, who kept on pushing him away and didn't want anyone knowing about them. And me. I was torn up in between all of them. Trying to find time for each one of them, including Marina herself.

***
After school, I went to visit the Nuniers. They were going through a tough time and needed somebody by their side.

"How are you, Guz?" I asked as he engulfed me into his toned arms.

"Fine." I kissed his cheek. "I'm really happy to see you." He exclaimed as he lead me in.

"Always, Guzman." I smiled at him.

"Hi, Laura." I kissed her on the cheek, as we approached her. Guzman's mother was already flooded with alcohol.

"Buenas."

"We don't have the money. Not for the bail, not for the lawyers, nothing. Our accounts have been emptied. We are broke. Dad left us with nothing. So, I guess he's going to spend the next 20 years in fucking jail." Guzman ranted. "And she's so calm. I don't get it." He pointed at Marina.

"That's enough." Laura stood up.

"Can't a bank help you? Can't you get a loan?" I asked.

"Nobody wants to be linked to us now. Not even Carla's father who's my own godfather." Guzman scoffed and I placed my hand on his shoulder, massaging it gently to calm him down a little.