AHH CUTENESS OVERLOAD!!

I shoot out of bed to the sound of screams.

"What the fuck - what's going on??" I wheeze in shock and fear, shaking Tammy awake. She begins to reply groggily to my calls for her to get up, but the shouts and screams from another room wakes her up quicker than a frozen bucket of ice water.

Stealthily we sneak out of our room, and creep down the landing, hoping to catch the attackers off guard.

"GET THE HELL AWAY FROM ME!" We hear, from Slime's room. Dorian's door bursts open in front of us, and we put our fingers to our lips, silently telling her to shut up.

Together, we incognito ourselves to Slime's room, and are extremely confused as to why Luna hasn't joined us yet - she sleeps the least out of all of us, and she's the lightest sleeper. However, we all collectively push the thought aside and focus on helping Slime.

I'm standing in front of the others and push my head into Slime's room - trying to assess the situation before we kill some bitc-I mean before we try to help her.

I did not expect to see this.

"Peachy! Help me!" Slime says, clinging onto the bottom half of an adorable black kitten. She makes sure not to be too rough with the cute feline, but also makes sure the cat won't escape her grasp.

Luna is holding onto the other end.

"For Gods sake, Slime!" Luna berates her. "Stop stealing stray kittens! This is the third time you've done this, and - oh, hi Peachy."

Losing all tension in my body, I walk inside the room, and call the others in.

"You might want to put away your flamethrower." I mutter to Dorian, and she rushes off to put it away. Luna's grip on the kitten falters, and Slime seizes the opportunity to grab the small bundle of fur and bring the kitten to her chest.

Tammy sighs and turns to Slime. "I've only been here for a couple weeks, and this is the second time I've been woken up from you two."

"But I've already named her!" Slime says, cuddling the kitten closer.

"Do you even know if the kitten is male or female?" Dorian asks, returning from the trip to her room.

"Well her collar said-"

"HER COLLAR? Did you steal the cat from someone's home?" Tammy interrupts, glaring at Slime.

"No! All the collar had on it was the name 'Summer' - which is a VERY ironic name for a black cat."

"What if it had a tracking chip on it?"

"Well it doesn't matter anyways, because I destroyed it before I carried Summer home."

"Okay, firstly, you said you chose another name for this cat, and secondly WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU?! Cats need to be with their families. This kitten has a home already."

I glance at Tammy in shock - in the last two weeks, this is the first time she's actively started and held a conversation with anyone besides myself. Her and Luna watching Buffy doesn't count - its normally just them laughing together and not actually talking.

I place a hand on Tammy's shoulder.

"I'm sorry Tammy, but either way, what's happened has happened. We need to either give... Summer... away to a pet rescue centre or take her in ourselves. The collar has been destroyed. Knowing Slime, this cat came from a home very far away - so far away we'd have no way of finding the family."

Tammy sighs and shakes my hand from her shoulder.

"I say then keep her for tonight, and then give her to an animal shelter tomorrow morning. Come on Peachy, we need to get you back to sleep."