Kidnappings, Kamikazes, and Kruel Kidz XD

I suddenly bolt out of bed. Something feels... off, tonight.

As I stand up and walk around my room – to try and subside this strange feeling – I remember Hannah and Slime's conversation later that day. I don't know why, but they were having a really bad argument. Dorian, Luna and I could faintly hear the screaming at each other, until eventually Hannah left the room and headed downstairs.

They had been yelling stuff like: 'It's been 5 years, you need to stop this' and 'I can decide what I want to do with my life myself – you're not the one who decides that'. It felt... off, and that Slime had been holding back something from us. But it's not our place to force her to tell us everything about her life and-

Hold on, what was that? In the bushes?

I remember what Hannah muttered as she angrily walked past us after her argument with Slime:

"You're coming home with me, not matter what."

"Crap!" I yell and sprint down the stairs, forgetting to wake up Dorian or Luna on my sprint. I burst through the front door and look around.

"She's gotta be here somewhere..." I mutter, looking all around, spinning in circles. I run to the bush I saw rustling, and dig around it, not seeing anything.

"Screw the neighbours." I whisper before starting to yell again. "Slime! Where are you! Please, answer me!"

I strain my ears and can hear a brief muffled cry from the back of the house.

I sprint over.

"What the fuck...?" I mutter.

Slime had been hoisted over Hannah's shoulder, kicking and screaming as much as she could. Her hands and feet tied, duct tape over her mouth.

"Slime! Oh my god are you-"

"Not another step." Hannah demands, pointing a gun at me.

"... Why do you have a gun?" I ask, briefly weighing my options and regretting not waking up the others. Maybe my yells woke them up but they still wouldn't get out in time to save me or Slime.

"Dorian told me you're a heavy sleeper but I didn't want to take my chances. I only had three sleeping pills, so I decided not to put you to sleep, and to bring this just in case."

"Then how come Slime is awake?"

"Because they don't last long, and loud noises can easily wake them up."

"So if you shot me, the others would wake up?"

"Yes, and I'd shoot them too. So you'd best be a good little weakling, and head back inside."

"W – weakling?" I mutter. "I – I'm not..."

"I've been watching you." Hannah says to me. Every word she utters feels like a stab to my chest but I don't fight back because I need to stall her for as long as possible, for the pills to wear off.

"Watching... me?" I ask.

"You let everyone else fight for you, they do all the work, you do nothing." Hannah scowls. "You're almost always the one in danger, the one the others have to save. You never fight back, you just stand there and let them save you. You're weak, pathetic, useless. You're no good to anyone. So just go back inside, and let the world suffer a bit more with you in it."

My cheeks shine with tear stains. "That's not true – I help, I-"

"Oh please, spare me your stupid excuses for your inaction. I doubt you can even save Slime right now. If it wasn't for how powerful your friends are – and how high of a chance there is that I'd lose against them – I'd shoot you right now, you serve no purpose to this world."

I pause.

If Luna and Dorian wake up... they could save Slime.

And its not like... well... its not like I really serve a purpose anyways... its exactly as Hannah says.

"Ok." I say, eyes burning with determination.

"SHOOT ME THEN!"

I rush at Hannah, as she gets her gun ready, hesitates, and shoots. Slime's muffled screams made themselves heard as the bullet hit me...

... in the arm.

The brief moment of hesitation was all I needed to change my position and move my heart away from the gun shot. Hannah quickly tries to fire again, but I make it to her before she's ready and use my left leg to kick her in the stomach.

Slime groans, as I continuously hit Hannah in the face with my left arm.

"How – dare – you – hurt – Slime!" I say between each punch.

"Peachy... stop... please..." Slime mutters, escaping the duct tape. I pay no attention and continue to hit her, not feeling, hearing, seeing anything other than my fist on her face. My knuckles turn bloody, my vision turns blurry, and I struggle to stay awake. I NEED TO MAKE HER PAY.

"I'M NOT USELESS!" I scream, hitting her harder. My tears hit her chest, my blood hits her mouth and my hand will not stop attacking her face. I have to prove I'm more than dead weight, I-

"Peachy!"

"Peachy, please stop, this isn't like you."

Luna and Dorian restrain my arms. I look down in shame at my bloody victim-

Wait...

"Why aren't there any bruises, cuts, ANYTHING, on Hannah? Am I really that weak?" I ask, upset.

"You're not weak, you're so brave going toe to toe with Hannah." Dorian says, both her and Luna putting aside their killing urges to comfort me.

"But what about Slime? Why aren't you guys consoling her?"

"Because... well... she isn't awake."

"What – what do you mean?" I ask. Dorian points me in the direction of Slime, Luna holding her up. She was covered in cuts, bruises, welts, all over her face.

"What happened to her?" I ask, concerned. "Is she going to be okay??"

They look at me.

"Peachy... YOU happened to her. I think... their souls are connected." Luna answers.

Okay, this chap is done!

Slime and Hannah (because of later explained reasons) have their souls connected to each other – hurt to one is hurt to the other. However stabbing Slime in the heart/killing Slime will not just result in Hannah dying, it would also result in Slime dying as death is a state, not a physical harm. That's why Hannah is unconscious even though all the attacks went to Slime – because being unconscious is a state.

Hope this was fun to read, and I'll see you next time!

But for now...

Peachy out! 😊