Forgiveness

Three days after your phone call with Cam he texts you to tell you that Dayne was on his way back to LA. That was two days ago. You still haven't heard from him. You just want to know that he's doing okay.
You decide to go on a coffee run before Lex wakes up. You grab your wallet and head out the door. When the elevator opens a familiar face stands in the corner. He picks his head up and half smiles at you.
"Hey." You say softly.
The door starts to close and he puts his arm in the way to stop it.
You step into the elevator and he moves back again.
"Hey." He says back.
"What are you doing here?" You ask.
"I- I wanted to see you."
"Dayne- I'm so sorry."
"Stop, don't apologize. Just-" his sentence stops as he presses his lips against yours.
He reaches out and pushes the emergency stop button and the elevator comes to a stop. He puts one had on the nape of your neck and the other on the wall. He kisses you breathless.
"What-"
"I missed you, I missed you so much. I'm sorry I acted the way-"
You interrupt him, "no, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have done it."
"No, I get it now. I do. I went to see Cameron, he told me everything, just like you did, but he told me how's he's felt about you. I get it. I just need to know something." He says hand still on the wall behind you.
"Anything." You answer trying not to kiss him again.
"Do you love him?"
The question makes your heart drop. If you tell him you do what will happen.
"Yes, Dayne I've known him my whole life. We've been through everything together." You tell him.
"Okay- Do you want to be with him?" He asks.
"No. While I may love Cam, and I always will, were not right for each other." You tell him.
"Okay." He says.
You notice his gaze is focused on your chest. He reaches his hand down and pulls up the chain around your neck.
"You opened it?" He asks playing with the ring you started wearing around your neck.
"Yes. It's beautiful. I didn't want to put it on my hand, because, well I wasn't sure what was going on with us, but I wanted it with me." You say meeting his gaze.

He stares into your eyes and presses his forehead to yours,
"I love you (your name)." He whispers to you.
"I love you." You say back to him.
He places a small peck upon your lips and pulls the emergency stop to start the elevator back up.
You guys walk out of the elevator hand in hand and walk out of the building.
He goes with you to get coffee and walks you back to your place.
"Call me later?" He asks you before you walk in the building.
You nod your head. "Yeah." And smile before turning to go inside.