It's You

You and Cam are reminiscing about he past and what crazy things you guys used to do as kids. You're laughing and having a great time when the tension in the room gets high.
You turn your head to look at Cam and he's really close to you. So close that you can feel your breath bouncing off of him. He's staring at you eyes and gradually moves his gaze to your lips, and then back up again.
"Cam-" you whisper to him.
"(Your Name)" he whispers back inching closer to your face.
"We really shouldn't-" your sentence is cut short by the presence of his lips on yours.

His lips are soft to the touch on yours, he pulls you on top of him and you don't hesitate to move with his pull. You move your hair exposing the one side of your neck and tilt your head to match the movement of his. You get lost in the kiss, you couldn't help it.

Cameron has always been there for you, he was your best friend, you were there when he needed you most, and while he wasn't there for you in person when you needed him most, he still made it a point to make sure you knew he cared. You always had love for him in your heart but you never realized how deep that love for him really ways until this moment. His hands are wandering up and down your body and yours are wandering his. You're both caught up in the moment when one small detail crosses your mind, Dayne.

You quickly push yourself off of Cam and catch your breath.

"What's wrong?" He asks you concerned.
"Cam- I- I cant do this." You say feeling a rush of guilt overcome you.
"Wh- Why not?" He asks you confused.
"Dayne, he uh- Well he's waiting in LA for me. He moved there when he got home and we ran into each other, and we've been seeing each other." You explain to him.
"Oh- I'm sorry. I didn't-" you cut him off before he can finish.
"No please don't feel bad. Don't. I should've told you before all of this. I should've-"
"Quit. Please. I shouldn't have expected you to wait for me. I should've told you how I felt before I left." He says holding his temples in his fingers.
"What do you mean?" What he was saying wasn't making any sense. What did he mean he didn't expect you to wait?
"(Your name), it's you. It's always been you. It will always be you. The reason none of my girlfriends ever worked out, they weren't you, they couldn't even compare to you. You- You are the best thing that I have in my life. Leaving, being deployed, it killed me inside, and when I couldn't be here for you when you needed me most I wanted to just leave, come home, to hold you, be here for you. And I couldn't. And then I saw you over FaceTime and it made it worse, I knew how much pain you were in, how much you needed me here, and I wasn't. And I am so sorry for not being here. And when I tell you I love you, I truly mean it. Yes I love you like family, that will never change, you are my best friend, but lately saying it, I don't mean it in the friend and family way. I mean it as in, I am completely head over heels in love with you."
You feel the tears running down your cheeks. He took the words out of your mouth, what you knew was deep down inside of you but you've been hiding, keeping it locked away.
"I- I love you too." The words slip between your lips.
"Then why can't we-" you stop him before he can finish the sentence.
"Because I love Dayne. And while I will always love you, I think our time has come and gone. And while it kills me to say that, I know in my heart it's true. I know that I love you, but I know that I love Dayne as well." You let the tears run down your face. Telling him these things kills you inside, you could loose your best friend, but it needs to be said.
"No, I understand. I do. I should've spoke up sooner. Dayne is a really lucky guy. And you deserve more than I could give you."
"Stop. Don't do that. I do love you Cameron, I really do, but right now I can't."
"No I get. I do."
"Okay."
You guys sit silent for a few minutes before he speaks up again.
"Will you still stay with me tonight? And then we can forget this ever happened."
"Of course." You say.
He lays down on the pile of messed up blankets and you snuggle yourself up next to him. He always was your personal heater. And while what just happened has you asking a lot of questions you know one thing is certain, you and Cam will always have each other, and you will always love him and be there for him.
"I love you butthead." You hear him whisper.
"I love you too bubba." You whisper back.

The sound of his breathing soothes you to sleep, even between the loud snoring.