-D

It's been a few weeks since you've sent the letters. If you've been timing it correctly you should be getting letters back any day now. Part of you is hoping the soldier sends one back. But part of you doubts they will. They don't know you, you don't know how close Cam and they are, you could only imagine what Cam has said about you while being away.
You check the mail and there's two letters! Your heart drops a little bit nervous to open the one from the other soldier. You open Cam's first and its the pretty much the same things as always. Things are still going good for him, he thanks you for writing the other soldier and hopes you can build a friendship with them.
You put Cam's letter aside and look at the other envelope. You have butterflies just thinking about what could possibly be written in the letter. You grab the envelope off the table and open it. You unfold the paper tucked away inside and read it.

Dear (Your Name),
First I want to say thank you for writing me. It really does mean a lot
to have somebody to write. Cam has told me a bit about you. He really
misses you, so you must be something special to him. I think it's only
right if I tell you a little bit about myself. My name is Dayne, I love
making people smile, I can be full of energy but I also like my down time.
My favorite color is purple, weird for a guy I know, but it makes my eyes
pop when I wear it I'm told. That's really all I can think of right now.
Sorry it's a short letter, hopefully as time goes on and we write to
each other more they will get better. I hope you have a great day!
Hope to hear from you soon!
-D

After reading the letter you get the feeling that writing him was a good idea. But you're embarrassed that Cam talks about you. You pick up your notebook and pen and write your replies. You update Cam on things at home, and "yell" at him over paper for talking about you. But then tell him you're kidding.

In Dayne's letter you ask him what Cam says about you because you guys have known each other literally forever! Your moms were best friends before his passed away before he deployed. You tell him you hope to build a good friendship with him. You also tell him the same thing you tell Cam in every single letter, which is to stay as safe as he can and you hope to hear from him soon.

You fold the letters, and put them in different envelopes this time. You address them, put the stamps on them, and head out the door. You drop them off right away this time since you're meeting your friend for lunch. She has something important to talk to you about. But with her it could just be the fact she's thinking about dying her hair again. You get into your car, turn up the radio, and head to the post office and then to the diner to meet your friend.