Chapter 33 [tsuki ga kirei]

Author's Note: This story will only have 45 to 50 (max) chapters. We're getting there.

Chapter 33

Hallelujah, the first semester is finally over! Goodness, this semester felt like forever. Ninety-percent of the stress and haggardo versoza was because of the thesis—which we miraculously aced. It may not be the best thesis in class but we still received a whopping 1.50 on our final grade. Nabasa namin 'yung sa isang team na naka-uno (running for cum laude 'yung isa sa kanila) and I have nothing but pure admiration. They deserve it. Parang-MA level na ang gawa nila. Even our research professor was so amazed by them. Their topic was human trafficking and the anti-harassment movement. They even featured The A21 Campaign which made my heart glad. I really have so much respect for that organization and I will be forever in awe of what they do for the victims of human trafficking.

Jin, Elysse, and I were supposed to have a mini-celebration after our defense, but we chose to move it after the enrollment for the second semester—para wala na kaming alalahanin na mga requirements at finals. It was during the last Saturday of October when we went to Sandbox Pampanga for a day tour. I initially told the two of them that I have no intention of joining the outdoor activities but they were so persistent. In the end, wala akong nagawa kung hindi pagbigyan sila. Jusko, sobrang active naman kasi ng lifestyle ng mag-pinsan na 'to at nadamay ako. We tried the wall climbing and half of the time, I was crying because I was so scared. My feet were wobbly and they couldn't stop from shaking. When we got down, I felt dizzy and I almost threw up. Both of them apologized for forcing me to do it—but I said it's fine and they don't have to feel bad because I agreed to do it. Honestly, it was fun but it was the Tarak kind—which means it's only fun while it lasted but I won't do again. After the wall climbing, I told them I'll just wait for them somewhere and that they can still enjoy the other outdoor activities. But Jin felt bad because of it and he didn't leave me anymore. Sobrang nakonsensya ako dahil hindi niya na-enjoy ang mga activities dahil sa'kin. Paulit-ulit naman niyang sinabi na he doesn't mind at hindi ko na kailangang humingi ng sorry, but still. He could have enjoyed the rides instead of being stuck with me. I'm really no fun when it comes to outdoor activities.

Elysse, on the other hand, was forced to try the activities by herself. She tried the giant swing, aerial walk, free fall and more. Sobrang tapang niya at nag-video pa siya ng sarili niya gamit ang Go-Pro. Grabe, idol ko talaga ang katapangan niya.

And while she's enjoying herself, Jin and I stayed in one of the covered areas and we spent the rest of the day talking to each other and watching on his phone. We watched a few Running Man episodes online and we also checked out a Japanese anime titled Weathering with You. Of course, I couldn't stop telling him about how much Japanese movies frustrate the heck out of me. I shared how I hate it when they build my emotions the entire movie, only to keep me wanting for more moments in the end. Pakiramdam ko palaging bitin ang kilig ko kapag nanunuod ako ng mga romance genre na movies nila.

Of course, the Jino Abella just listened to my rants while looking at me amusingly. Hindi siguro siya makapaniwala na hindi ako nauubusan ng sasabihin. Ako rin. I still surprise myself on just how many topics I could talk about in one sitting.

At one point of our conversation, I joked that he's probably tired of hearing my stories, but he smiled and said he would never get tired of me. Isn't he the sweetest? Sobrang touched ako sa kabaitan niya. He did not only stay beside me but also listened to all my stories, like he was hearing them for the very first time. In exchange, when it was his turn to tell stories, I also listened intently. And the good thing about Jin is that he's good at re-telling a funny story without losing the humor of it.

Nagkuwento siya ng isa sa mga bloopers nila sa Japan trip niya last year. They went to a place called Dejima and for the first time, he encountered a rude Japanese tram driver. Dapat daw kasi every time na sasakay at bababa ka, ipapakita mo ang ticket mo as proof na may unli-pass ka for one day. Kaso sobrang occupied niya at nang makababa siya, hindi niya napakita 'yung pass niya. Bigla raw siyang tinapik sa balikat nung Japanese at tinitigan siya nang masama. Sobrang nagulat siya dahil do'n at muntik na niyang masapak 'yung lalaki dahil sa pagkabigla. Out of reflex ba. So, I teased him asking, 'Paano 'yung pagkagulat?' And he was so generous by reenacting his expression during that time. He showed his googly eyes while gasping. Boy, it was so funny. Anyway, nahimasmasan naman daw siya at hindi pumatol. After all, it was his fault because he wasn't paying attention. In fairness, he admits his mistakes.