Chapter 15 : "Whatever loser"

Vote. Comment. & Follow me.

This week could not be anymore torturous. Classes have started and I'm already studying every chance I get. Bennett won't talk to me and if he does it's curt and straight to the point. I haven't seen Jordan so I can't ask him what happened in the car, and to finish it all off, Declan's pissed off at me.

Sighing I lean back and stare out the window. I can remember what happened just a couple days ago.

"Bennett." I walked into the kitchen to see him and Declan watching some sport on one of their phones. "Bennett?" He looked up and his eyes hardened once he looked at me.

"What?" Snappy much.

I cleared my throat, "Can I talk to you?" I glanced at Declan. "Privately." Declan slitted his eyes looking between me and Bennett.

Bennett stood up and walked out the room, but right before he left he looked over his shoulder at me and said "No." then he went out the front door and to god knows where.

I sighed in defeat and slumped forward. "Is something going on?" I looked at Declan and lied straight to his face.

"No." I could feel myself braking slowly.

"Then what was that?" He stood up and crossed his arms, looking at me like he didn't believe a word I said.

I shrugged, "Nothing."

He unfolded his arms and his eyes softened, "Why are you lying to me?" He looked so open and if I wanted to I could make him cry. I hated when they did this because I felt like I needed to watch what I said or I was going to break them.

But still, I lied "I'm not lying."

He sighed loudly while shaking his head, "Whatever." and he was closed off again. "Talk to me when you're done lying." His eyes were hard and he stood stiff. He stomped out the back door and closed it before I could say a word. My world is crumbling before my eyes.

"Class is over." I jumped. "Sorry, I didn't mean to make you jump." I looked up and my eyes widened. He was stunning. With dark blue eyes, blonde hair, and a strong jawline, he was like a supermodel. "You okay?"

I snapped out of it, "Yeah." I stood up and started gathering my books and bag. "Sorry about that."

"It's okay." He smiled. All white teeth, straight, and just a smile you want to see everyday. "I know I just met you but I was wondering if we could go out sometime and get to know each other." I frowned once my back was turned to him. Playboy. I should have guessed.

I stood up and pulled my bag up my shoulder, "I don't-" I glanced out the window and stopped speaking. "I have to go but maybe! See you around!" His eyes widened as I walked past him and ran out of the class. I ran down the hall apologizing as I went. People just nodded and at one point they just cleared on their own. I thanked them as I ran and pushed the building door open. I ran across the courtyard and yelled, "JORDAN!"

He stopped walking and looked over his shoulder. I reached him and bent over trying to breath. "You okay?" I looked up at him to see him smiling down at me. I gave him a thumbs up as I continued to catch my breath.

"Here." He handed me a water bottle and as I unscrewed the lid and drank it he took hold of my arm and dragged me to a bench in the shade where we sat down. I finished the water bottle and looked at him sheepishly, "Sorry."

He shook his head smiling, "It's okay, I have another one." I nodded. We stared out at the passing students and people talking, laughing, playing around, and dozing off. I turned to look at Jordan to see him already looking at me. His smile grew as he threw his arm behind me on the bench.