Chapter 2 Maddening words?

I slowly come to my bearings and realize that I am not where I am meant to be. My instincts screamed at me. DANGER! It wasn't a dark and dingy basement or a cellar, even though that's what you'd expect. It was a room I was all too familiar with. HIS room!  Our room!

I couldn't believe he was here. I thought I had escaped him and fulfilled my pledge. Although my life was torture now, I had honoured my vow and kept the name of Winterburn's alive.

My sacrifice meant their survival. Of course it would. I had to go for them to live. Apparently. 

But why was I here. Everything had been sorted. I was sure of that. I, Zara Winterburn, was finally free. To live my life on my terms. 11 months was a long time. how could he pick me out from the crowd. Had he been watching me the whole time we were apart? 

I watched him watch me silently. His posture gave nothing away. His face. A blank mask. His eyes...emotionless. I kept mine clear of all my conflicting emotions. 

The seconds ticked by. Minutes passed by.For all I know hours passed by and I wouldn't know. I was too engrossed in our staring match. Determined to win.

And he stopped. not batting an eyelid, made his was towards me. Lifted me up, off the bed. And kissed me.