Chapter 3 Conflict in the making

2 years ago

" Well what do you say dear? Will you make your father a happy man and give him his heart's desire. After all, haven't I done enough for you, my child. Its too much to ask I am aware of that. But now, Winterburn Empire needs a capable person to sit at the head and lead it. And you my child will be the one to do that. After all you are Zara Winterburn. My daughter, my legacy. The responsibility rests on your delicate shoulders now." , my father kept saying the same thing over and over. He has been on this track for the past 7 months.

What made him think that an 18 year old could handle a huge empire was beyond me. I swear my old man has lost his marbles. What about di, she was older and was pursuing a business degree. Even our brother could handle the business. I was happy being a nerd. My goal was to become an able doctor.

Not a business magnate. I had my own dreams and aspirations. Why couldn't dad get it. He has two other children who can follow in his footsteps. I wish he would stop being so bloody dramatic!

I looked at him as I carefully strung my words.

" What makes you think that an 18 year old girl who studies the biological sciences would be able to help run a BUSINESS empire father? I mean, sitting at the head of the board, being in charge with no formal training what so ever. Sounds preposterous. And the board wouldn't agree to such a..such a...well pardon me, but the board would not agree to such a dim witted decision dad. I have not a clue on how to run a business. We all know that.", I kept my tone neutral. Hoping he wouldn't be offended.

His reaction stumped me.

He grinned at me and said something I never thought he would say. Ever!

Present 

My hands seemed to move on their accord. This delectable, testosterone filled man was kissing me with such passion. Can you blame a naive 20 year old girl for reacting the way I did. I mean. This Greek God was kissing me. Showering me with his passion. 

Smack!