Chapter 5 I did my part!

Life works in mysterious ways. It really does. One minute you're handling a multi billion dollar company and the next, you are forced to walk away from it and everything else in your life.

11 months ago when I left, I had done my part. I had fulfilled my pledge to my father. Too bad his plan had ripple effects that I had to face. It was quite ironic how the man that thrust the reigns in my hands was unknowingly responsible for those reigns being my ultimate unbinding from my world.

I shook myself out of my reverie and looked at him, Luca Donatello. My past. One that would'nt let me go. One that followed me, thousands of miles away from our home. How I loved this incredible man. 

I gave him a small hesitant smile. He returned it with an even warmer, genuine smile.

" Zara! I thought you had left home! You vowed to never return. You lied to me? Why?", my sister kept bombarding me with her questions. Questions I had no answers to. I knew what she was talking about. Her subtle hints were enough for me to know that she still Hadn't managed to get what she desired the most.

" Ana! If you would please let me just get my bearings, I can start answering your questions. First, I did'nt break my vow. Second, I did'nt come here. I was brought here. By him!", I turned and glared at Luca. Mad at him for putting me in this situation. 

She looked at me and huffed in annoyance. Pity! I couldn't believe I gave up everything for her. Even now, she had no respect for what I'd given her and done for her.

Luca looked between us and sighed.

"I never could figure you two sisters out.", he muttered to himself, settling down on the couch running his fingers through his brown lush locks.

Glancing at us he got off. I could not help but laugh at him. Why sit if he was going to get up seconds after getting comfortable.

"I'll leave you two to catch up. I have got to run to the office for a bit."

He came towards me and kissed my head. His affectionate behaviour making me blush.

" You are not out of trouble Mister! We will talk when you get back,", I yelled at him as he left me with my sister.

I sat down on the spot previously occupied by him and waited for my sister to begin her list of accusations. And boy was I right. A long list it was!

And all I could think of while she was accusing me of wronging her was that Luca Donatello was mine once. He was my lawfully wedded husband! 

Once upon a time I was Mrs. Luca Donatello.