11: You Are No Match For Me

You Are No Match For Me {Wilhelm}

Twenty years. For twenty years I have been slowly coming out of hiding. For twenty years I have been putting out steps, small steps, in my plan. And for twenty years I have been slowly but surely getting closer to my goal. My goal to destroy the Goblin King. My goal to take over the Goblin Kingdom completely and take my rightful place at the throne.

But it was all very close to being ruined.

Lilia has what it takes to be the Goblin Queen. Jareth thinks so. And after observing her in her mortal environment first hand, I have reason to believe she might. She stood out from the other mortal girls and seemed to think more. Her eyes have a depth to them that I have not yet witnessed in a mere mortal. Jareth spotted her, and I caught wind from one of my spies inside the castle about this girl. And so I posed as a mortal in her school. A trivial and daunting task, but one that needed to be done. I had a chance to get into her mind.

Now I only have to make sure she does not fall for Jareth's charms. If she does, all is lost. Together, they would have much more power than I and my army. Jareth, as of now, was in a weakened state. This was to my advantage.

It will help if I can get the inevitable Goblin Queen on my side. I have already interacted with her romantically. I can tell she is attracted to me physically. It is an aspect an immortal is lucky to obtain. I only now have to gain her trust. Or bribe her to my side of things. It shouldn't be that hard.

Jareth, even though immortally young, was old on the inside. He was weak. He was falling apart. I was new and young. I am the Dark Prince. He doesn't stand a chance.

I made my way across the rocky ground on the path to the castle. Jareth wanted to speak in conference. I would allow it.

"You have the chance to end this still," His voice came from overhead.

I looked to see him in his gaunt state, perched on top of the tall, crumbled stone wall. His face was cast in half-shadow but he looked haggard with lack of sleep, as always. I wondered why he kept going after all these years. Why doesn't he just give up? Of course, I wouldn't show any mercy, even if he did.

"And why would I end it, great Goblin King?" I asked, curious as to if he actually thought he had a chance of convincing me otherwise.

"I still do not know what you want, Wilhelm," He said, his leg swinging back and forth upon the wall.

"You know what I want," I muttered darkly.

"Yes, my Kingdom, I suppose. But why? You came seemingly out of nowhere with this large agenda those some odd years ago," He said, sounding tired.

"Yes, you would think so," I said.

I heard him sigh.

"You leave me no choice. This will not end until one of us prevails. And it will be me," He said, a hint of the old Jareth peeking through.

I almost smiled. Almost.

Then he said, "You are no match for me."

I turned. I was done here.

No, I thought, you are no match for me.

the weary moon
from the night before
sinks into the pit
of dawn's gold door
the weary moon
it falls from view
the devil and I
will follow you

______________________________________________________________________________

Author's Note: The lyrics posted in this chapter are from the son The Bunker by Death in June. It's eery and creepy and totally fits in with the event and Wilhelm himself.

Love you guys! Keep reading!

                                                                                                                                   XOXO,

                                                                                                                                        Brittany Lyn