4: Restless

Restless {Jareth}

I found them in my corridor, eyes focused on the orb.

"What is this?" I demanded upon my entrance.

They all scurried about, looking guilty and scuffling their feet upon the stone floor.

"Detrin! I told you to keep an eye on the orb. You. Not half of my servants. What could you all possibly be doing?" I said.

Detrin hobbled forward, a look of repentance on her face that I ignored. She pressed her wrinkly, discolored palms together.

"Everyone was curious, Master, to glimpse the Goblin Queen," She said, in her ever-annoying voice.

"Well, my private business is none of any ofyous concern. The Goblin Queen is not to be ogled at through the Orb like a curious species by the likes of you. Leave her be, you might frighten her," I said superiously.

The goblins dispersed. But I held one back. He was small, and curved of back. His nose jutted out even more so than most Goblins. I eyed him.

"Y-yes, Master?" He said timidly.

"Now, now, don't be shy my dear follower. I merely have a job for you to do," I said, trying to make my voice sound light and sincere.

"yes, yes of course. What would you like me to do?" He said, immediately brightening at a chance to prove himself.

"What is your name?" I pondered aloud.

"Herman, Your Greatness," He said.

"Herman. You are just the man for the job. It is a job of the utmost importance and I would only trust my most loyal goblin to do it," I said.

"Yes, do tell me Sir," He said, eyes literally shining.

"I want you to go into the mortal world and lead my fair maiden into the forest that all of you were peaking at her from. There will be a tree there with a hollow trunk that I want you to get her to go to. There you will place this orb into it and as soon as she makes contact with it, she will be transported to our Kingdom. Can you handle this task?" I asked, leaning down to his eye level.

"Yes! Anything for you, Master!" He said, rushing off with the Orb.

I smiled in contentment. I could wait for her to arrive no longer. I must have her here, by my side. And I needed to get started on my fight against Wilhelm.

I was impatient. I was rather...restless. For her....for.....what was her name? I kept thinking of her as Sarah, but she wasn't. I must find out who she is.

What would it be like when we meet? Would she be upset with me, as Sarah had been? It's not as if I took her brother, though. No, this time would be different. She would not be able to resist my charms. I am the Goblin King, after all. I may not had been acting like it for the past couple of decades in mortal time, but I still have my power. She won't be able to resist.....