Chapter 8

LUCYA

I walked to my bedroom then I reached for the laptop which Maximo gave me. There are lots of folders on the screen, I got confused of which one I should click on first. I saw a folder named, 'Records', I clicked on it. I got a list of names. I keep on scrolling down, and I got aware that all those peoples have been killed. Looking upon the other folders. I got Maximo's profile details in which has written in, he is a mafia godfather. I staggered, Maximo is a mafia godfather. He is the leader of this gang? I should talk to him...I didn't know he would be a murderer. I'm a little terrified for facing him since I knew his truth, but why he brought me here? I should find out what is his ambition, what he wants to achieve?

To kill my father? I shook my head with the negative thoughts and rush toward the huge living room. I spot Marco in the living room.

"Where is your boss?" I shrieked. "He is busy." He mumbled without paying attention to me.

"Marco! I need to talk to him." I screamed which made him lift his head at me, he glanced at me for a while. "He is in the study room, make sure you don't make him agitated. He is already high tempered, so, it would be better if you don't mess up with him," he responded.

I proceed to the study room, I knock on the door before opening it, instead I didn't get any answer. I twist the doorknob and opened the door.

"What the ..." Maximo was about the yell, but he remained still when he saw me standing by the threshold of the study room.

"What brings you here?" He tried to control his anger while closing his fist.

"Who are you?"

"Do you want me to introduce myself." He mumbled with a smirk.

"Who the goddamn shit are you?" I walked in front of his desk, I leaned my hands on his table.

"So, you have finally found out." He muttered while letting out a breath, "I need a clear explanation of everything Maximo," I meet his gazes with a bewildered face.

"I don't think I owe you any explanation. "

"Maximo, you've kidnapped me and I don't even know the reason behind it," he stand up from his chair, walking across the desk he stood in front of me. I lifted my head to meet his gazes, he approached near me "you are safe here, so don't try to act smart with me." He added, he steps near me, and I take one step back leaning by the table. I couldn't hold it too long, furiously I slapped him. He closed is eyes with an enraged look. I can simply say he is extremely furious at this moment.

He grabbed both of my hands tightly, he pierced his eyes on me with his clenched jaw. "Don't give me the opportunity to show you my worst side." He said with gritted teeth.

"I want to know the truth, then I promise I will never disturb you again," I made a baby face toward him. "Will you obey everything that I will order you?" He questioned me with our face inches away. I nodded my head in response.

MAXIMO'S POV

I gazed down her at her, she looks innocent, that's why I don't want to harm her. Otherwise, she would've been amongst one of my whores. There is something about her which makes me feel powerless, I can't hurt her. I feel like a gentleman when she's around, but I'm not a gentleman, I can't even be one. My life is different from her, but still I want her to be captivated otherwise her father would not accept his fault. She is the only weakness of her father, and I will have to use her to bring back my rival.

So, I think it's time to reveal the truth to her, but not the entire thing...

"I work for Mr. Trinidad, he is my boss," I stated, and her face suddenly stunned, she seemed to be probably broken.