Chapter 18

LUCYA

"Stella, can you wash and dry my clothes frequently because I don't have enough clothes to wear. I just have the clothes which I bought along from France." I told Stella who is sweeping the living room. I walk through the living room and I spot Maximo sitting in the couch with an iPad on his hand. He is not going to work, he is injured in his hand and the doctor has given him orders to rest. Some men were here to attack on us again, while fighting them Maximo hurt himself. More likely he was trying to protect me. I am thankful for whatever he did but we are annoyed with each other. After the attack I was questioning him and he turned to be violent, we fought with each other.

I grab a magazine from the coffee table and I adjust myself on the couch. Flipping some pages I steal some glances toward Maximo who is busy on his iPad he looks confused. His eyes landed on mine, shit! I pull the magazine in front of my face instantly.

"Come here." He ordered with a cold tone. I move the magazine aside from my face and I glances at him with arch brows. I points my finger in between my chest, "me?" I gave him a questioning look.

"Of course." He raised his voice. I flipped the magazine on the coffee table which made him to widened his eyes at me. I seated beside him, "what?" I raised my shoulders.

"I have to purchase some clothes." I let out a laugh, then I hold back...

"Fine, but why you've called me here, go ahead buy your clothes." I added.

"I would but these clothes are not mine - actually it's for my girlfriend." He mumble, his girlfriend!

"Why should I select clothes for your girlfriend?" I asked with gritted teeth. Is he serious right now?

"Because your style matches her. I think you both have the same taste of fashions."

"Okay fine!" He place his iPad near me so that I can select the dresses. I've already selected five outfits, "is it enough?" I mutter.

"No, she needs more!" He blurt out. "More." I give him a questioning look. "Actually we got into a fight and she is furious with me and as much I know she adores clothes. I wonder this is a great way to pacify her." He stated with a half smile.

"How romantic..." I let out a smile.

"By the way how's your hand?" I pointed at the plaster on his left hand. "Fine" he whispered.

"Maximo, you've already selected the whole store!" I glances at him, he really loves her.

"Yeah I know, she needs them" he smiled, he swiped to another online boutique which has jewellery. "Is this one good?" He asked me. "Wow, this is beautiful!" He showed me a diamond bracelet which worth million euros. "Do you think she would love it?" He questioned me.

"Maximo, that's a lot of things you are giving to her, she will be definitely happy." I added with a joyous smile.

"Your girlfriend must be proud of you" I mumble, "she isn't." He said coldly. "Why?"

"I told you we fought with each other."

"Don't worry she'll talk with you after this surprise."

[...]

There was a knock at the door then all the bodyguards were bringing some bags along with them. Branded bags! Are those the clothes which Maximo bought for his girlfriend? But they delivered it on the wrong address! It was supposed to be delivered at his girlfriend's place. I should inform him.

"Marco, have you seen Maximo?" I look around the house but I couldn't spot him.

"Yeah, he is in his bedroom!" He said, "okay, thank you." I made my way to his bedroom. Reaching in front of his door I opened it and my eyes landed on Maximo. "Can't you knock." He said coldly along with a devilish look.

"Damn, no!" He stand up from the bed and he walks toward me. "I came to tell you that your girlfriend's parcels are here, I think they've sent it here by mistake, it was supposed to be delivered at your girlfriend's place, right?"

"Oh, actually we've broke up!" He mumble, seriously they broke up! "But you brought them in the morning..." my mind is puzzled, they broke up in the afternoon?

"Yeah. She is still furious with me and I can't take it anymore" he added with his normal voice, it doesn't seem that there is an effect of break up on him.

"So what about all those clothes?"

"Keep it." He said.

"Maximo, no those are all branded clothes and I don't think I would be able to pay you for it"

"Don't be ridiculous, I'm not telling you to pay me.Take it as a gift." He ordered.

"Those are too much, Maximo. I can't accept this." I mumbled confusedly.

"Okay, so tell Marco to threw them away because those size won't fit in Lea too, I would be perfect for you. Anyway it's not a big deal, we can throw it." He said while analysing my body.

"You'll throw them? Ok fine, I'll keep it..." I said hesitantly, "that's like a good girl." He smirked. "I would be sad if you'll throw them, that's why it will be better if I keep them."

"Right."

"Thank you, Maximo" I let out a smile. "You're welcome bambolina." I went to my bedroom, for my astonishment I saw all the bags here, "who brought them here? I've just talked with Maximo about it, anyway."

I take a close look to the bags, then I spot a small decorated jewellery casket, opening it I saw the shiny diamond bracelet which Maximo has selected. I can't accept this one! I take the jewellery casket, I was about to go in Maximo's bedroom but I bumped into him on the corridor.

"Maximo, not this one." I show him the jewellery casket. He took it from my hand and opened it, taking out the bracelet he lifted my hand and made me wear it around my wrist.

"Maximo..." I whispered "shh" he shush me. "Do you want me to break it into pieces and throw it away." He asked me with his harsh voice. "Maximo this shit worth million euros and I swear that I will not be able to afford it in this birth!" He chuckles, "Lucya, you don't be ridiculous bambolina. It's a gift. Take it" he said with a smile and this moment I've realized how precious his smile is.

"Thank you again." I whispered, he leaned in and place a kiss on my cheek "anything for you" he whispered before pulling back.