Prologue: So Many Years

After many years in rehab trying to fix her schizophrenia, Azula has been finally released from prison. With Ozai in prison for life, Zuko helping the avatar and the fire nation, and Mai and Ty Lee having their own life, Azula was all alone. Although out of prison, she can't help but still have flashes of her mother. Azula, finally back at the palace goes to her room and lays down on her bed. 

"Is there anything you need, Princess Azula."

Azula awakens up and sees her uncle Iroh by her door.

"No Uncle, now go away and play you Pow Wow game whatever its called."

"My bad Azula, and its called Pai Sho." Then Iroh leaves to Azula alone.

Azula went back to sleep drifting in her dreams. 

(AZULA'S DREAM)

"YOU THINK I'M A MONSTER, YOU ALWAYS FAVORED ZUKO OVER ME."

"NO AZULA, I LOVE YOU, MORE THAN EVER."

Azula then draws her lightning and directs it at her own mother. She misses her shot and the whole palace begins to blow up in flame.

(END OF DREAM)

Azula wakes up from her dream panting for air. She looks around and sees that she is still in her bed. Azula makes her way to the window and opens it, revealing the whole Fire Nation city. Looking into the distance she cries out in pain, weeping about her mother.

"Do you really mean that you don't see me as a monster," She cries out.

After a few minutes of crying, she wipes her tears off and goes back to her room. She packs her things in her bag and heads out of the palace.

"Princess Azula, what are you doing here," one of the guards says.

"I'm going on a vacation, I need one of your dragons." 

"I'm sorry, but under the direct orders of Fire Lord Zuko, we ca~~."

He was cut off when Azula drew her sword at him.

"Listen here guard, I'm still the princess here, you better do what I tell you to do, or else I will~~."

"What is going on here."

Azula looks up and sees her Uncle Iroh.

"Azula, you shouldn't be out at these times."

"What's it to you Uncle, you don't know why I'm leaving."

"It's because of your mother, isn't it."

"How did you.."

"Come on, you really didn't think I would spy on you in your sleep, wouldn't I. Come on follow me."

Iroh brings Azula to the stables where the Fire Nation troops keep the dragons. 

"After your mother's banishment, she went back home to her town."