Epilogue: Redemption

1 DAY LATER

AZULA POV

I slowly opened my eyes. I looked up and saw that I was in my bed. Just then my bedroom door opens. I saw Zuko, Kiyi, and my mom come into my room.

"Hey Azula, how are you feeling," Zuko said.

"I feel fine," I replied.

I then tried to get up but my body was in so much pain. I grunted and fell back down on my sheets.

"Okay, easy there princess," my mom said.

She then gave me a cup of hot soup.

"So what happened, did we win," I said.

"We won Azula," Kiyi said.

"And all thanks to you," Zuko said.

"What, what are you talking about," I replied.

"You saved us Azula."

I look behind my family and see the Gaang.

"Yeah, you saved us all Azula," Sokka said.

"If you didn't defeat the leader, I don't think we would be here right now," Toph said.

"You really have changed," Katara said.

"Hey, where is Troy," I said looking around.

"Oh, he went back to the North to his family. You know, before he left he said that he was really proud of you," Katara said.

"Well, I wouldn't be here without him. He helped me a lot."

Just then everyone left, leaving me alone. I laid on my bed for a good 30 minutes before I had the strength to get up. I noticed that there was a cast of my arm. I put on my robe and started to walk slowly out of the room. While I was walking in the hall, my uncle ran up to me.

"Azula, thank god you are okay."

"I'm fine uncle," I replied.

"So did you find what your destiny is," he said.

"Yes, I did. My destiny was to save the world from being conquered," Azula said.

Then my uncle started to laugh.

'Hey, what's so funny," I said.

"Nothing, its just Ironic how destiny works in our family."

"How is it Ironic," I said confused.

"Back when I was young, I thought my destiny was to take over Ba Sing Se. But it was actual to save it from being taken over by the fire nation. As for your brother, he thought his destiny was to capture the avatar. But in reality, it was to help the avatar and bring balance back to the fire nation. As for you, you wanted to conquer the world alongside your father Ozai. But look at you know, you saved it from being conquered by someone else."

"Haha, I guess that is Ironic," I said and the hugged him.

"Thank you uncle, for helping me find who I am," I said.