A Nearby Sound

At some point, we both grew sleepy and fell asleep on each other's shoulders. I wanted to make sure to savor that moment even though the second I wake up, I would put up my defensive wall again.

-----------------------

(Hinata's POV)

When I opened my eyes, I noticed that me and Kageyama were in a needless to say.. a strange position. It was quite comfortable to be honest.

Then I felt Kageyama shift around a little. I sighed because I knew what was coming up next.

"Oi! What the?!"

"AH!" I pretended like I had just woken up and he had scared me.

"What were you doing?" Kageyama scooted away from me.

"No, what were you doing?" I yelled back, obviously flustered.

"Never mind.. Did you bring clothes and stuff?" The realization hits me that I had forgotten to ask for my mom to drop off clothed for me to wear since both Kageyama and I fell asleep so suddenly last night.

Apparently, my face had shown my realization and Kageyama sighed, "Here, I'll lend you some. You're so irresponsible. Call your mom about it too." He hands me a shirt and some shorts. We go into separate rooms and change.

I had called my mom and she said that it would take about 30 minutes, so Kageyama and I tried to find ways to kill time. When many things failed, Kageyama had left his phone next to me so that he could use the restroom. I decided now would be a good time to text my soulmate.

You: hey what are you up to?

There was no response, but I heard a nearby sound that made me perk up. I turned to glance at the phone laying right next to me, which was owned by Kageyama.

You: testing

The same notification sound came from Kageyama's phone yet again. I glared at it in shock. No way.. It must've been a coincidence!

I check the contact, yup, it's my soulmate. I turn on Kageyama's phone and there shows the two notifications that show my messages to him. I begin to recall Suga's strange interaction with Daichi in front of me from the other day. I'm so dense! Of course they had realized it earlier than me!

The situation I was put in was finally smacked into my face. I had realized who my soulmate is, and I'm in his house right now. Alone. Just the two of us. Nobody else...

A/N: Sorry about the short chapter, yet again... T_T The manga has me really hyped not gonna lie, but I'm not gonna spoil anything for you anime watchers. Thanks for 100 reads!