Tenth Step

Sorry for the delay, the internet is so slow and Wattpad could not load. So here goes Chapter Ten! Thank you for the support so far.

Please do tweet using the hashtag #CAJ or #HTCAJ or comment here. I like seeing people's reaction to the story so far :)

How was your Christmas? Want to share it?

--

Chapter Ten

Hmmm. I feel so tired. Wait, what did I do yesterday? Oh yes, I trained Brad last night. As soon as I realized that we were still lying on the floor, I remembered how cuddly he was last night. That realization suddenly startled me causing me to shrug Brad's arms around me.

“What time is it?” He said but his eyes were not opened yet. Maybe he’s still half asleep.

“8 o’clock. Hurry up and go home, I need to fix the living room.” I said to him in a cool tone. He should not notice how I am anxious about what happened last night.

“But I want to lie down a little longer.” He rolled down to the other side of the matt and he positioned himself comfortably.

“Lift your butt and go home, Brad.”

He didn’t even move a single bit. Why does he have to be so hard-headed? I shook my head and cursed underneath my breath.

Without a single thought, I moved the matt away, making Brad fall to the cold and hard floor.

“Ouch! Seriously, Kylie?” He looked at me with his eyes wide but I just looked at him and smirked.

“That’s what you get, jerk.”

“Is this part of your training to me? To hurt me whenever you want?” He looked at me and I couldn’t understand what his face was putting up.

“What nonsense are you saying?”

“Nothing” He murmured under his breath “Just being a jerk and spitting nonsense.”

“You seriously need to have your head checked by a specialist Brad. You’re going crazy.”

“I’ve been this crazy ever since you’ve become a part of my life, Kylie. You are seriously the cause of this craziness. You are just like a drug. The kind of drug I want to take every single day.” His smile was weak and before I could give my thoughts on what he just said, he changed facial expression and sat on the sofa. “Aren’t I romantic?” Then he winked at me.

“Yeah right, Romeo.” I rolled my eyes on him and just proceeded with my cleaning duties.

Minutes passed and I could not bear the silence inside the living room and having my thoughts somewhere else, I kind of knocked the vase down.

“Shit.” I hissed “This was my mom’s favorite vase! What should I do to fix this mess!?!”

I felt a hand on my shoulder and I could see Brad behind me “Calm down. We can still fix this.” He said with a reassuring tone. “Where is your tool box?”

“It’s found in the lower cabinet.” Then I pointed him the kitchen. He just nodded and went to his destination without a word.

The next thing I knew, he was already in front of me and he was trying to fix the vase as hard as he could. You could see the seriousness in his eyes.

I wish he would just be with me forever. A sweet, caring and a friend who always exerts effort is the kind of friend I really do not want to lose. The only problem is, he is too sweet, too caring and exerts too much effort that people might just waste.

He needs to learn how to be an ass. He needs to learn how to say no. He needs to learn that being a knight in shining armor is not the answer to a happy life. Sometimes a knight must become a villain to obtain what he wants, no matter what.

But for him to be a villain, he needs to be hurt. He should be hurt by someone he is close to. And that someone is me. I need to hurt him. Physically or emotionally, it does not matter. All that matters is he becomes someone who is not afraid of anything or anyone.

Everything I did, I do and will do is for his own good. He can thank me in the future. I know he will thank me. I know he will change for the good.

The bitchier I get, the more he becomes hurt. This is just a step towards a better future for him. No more bullies. No more weakness.

“Kylie. What do you think?” I snapped back to reality when I felt a nudge on my shoulder

“Its fine, you do not have to.” I said to him with no emotion “You should not have helped me.”

“But you looked really hopeless…” He looked at me with disbelief “…I just thought you needed my help.”

“No matter how hopeless someone can be, sometimes you just need to let them be. They need to learn their mistakes. They need to learn that not everyone can help them.”

I got the almost new vase and put it back to its place. “Thank you for the effort, but please, do not exert it too much. Sometimes people don’t appreciate your effort and I hate to admit I am a part of that group of people.” No don’t listen to me brad. I am talking nonsense. I really do appreciate your effort.

I tried to not look at him because I was hoping he was not putting that face again but my body disobeyed me and I looked at him and I saw that sadness on his eyes. I wish this would end sooner. I can’t really hurt him because this way, I also get hurt seeing him.

“Do not waste your effort on me, Brad. You’ll just get disappointed.”

I walked away and cursed under my breath. I need to make myself remember that this is for his experience. He will thank me in the future after all of this. I just hope I will still be in his future.

--

Update: December 29, 2014 – Monday

--