Chapter 36

Violet

“Aren’t you optimistic” Grant raised an eyebrow while I rolled my eyes.

“Uh-huh, I see the daylight ring is working out for you” I said sweetly but I’m pretty sure he got the threat.

‘Behave unless you want to become a pile of ash.’

“It was made by the best after all” He smiled his fangs gone as he got the message. Yeah I made the ring, it was the only way to get a certain annoying vampire off my back.

“Don’t try flattery why are you here?” I narrowed my eyes at him while he just gave me an innocent look.

“Can’t I come see an old friend” Not if half of it is for a favor and the other half for trouble.

Catching my look he sighed. “Ok ok”

“This is the vampire you told me about?” Alayna came up next to me staring at the Grant.

“Yeah-“

“I thought vampires were extinct” Trent cut me off. I grinded my teeth in annoyance, he should know he’s not my favorite person right now.

“That’s what we all wanted you to think, our numbers are still small so were still in hiding” He shrugged.

Murmurs ran out through the crowd making me roll my eyes.

“Alright everyone go have fun at the beach watch the blood and ash on the sand” I announced. Apparently I can’t say bodies since their pretty much ash right now.

“I’m staying” Trent stated making me narrow my eyes at him “I’m an alpha I deserve to know” He explained while I just grumbled under my breath.

‘Do you think he will still be an alpha in hell?’ My wolf asked thoughtfully. That’s a good question, maybe we can-

“Can we go somewhere shady, daylight ring or not the sun still irritates me.” Grant groaned while I just smirked.

“Nah were good” I spoke before anyone moved. Grant glared at me before sighing. “Please” He said through clenched teeth, he looks like he could puke right now. Yeah he’s not such polite touchy feeling person which is why it surprised me when he said that one word.

‘This must be very serious’ my wolf stated while I just nodded absentmindedly.

“Okay let’s go.” I said breathlessly and headed towards the coconut trees on this beach.

“Of course, the coconut trees” Ashly muttered while I turned towards her. “What’s that supposed to mean?” I said defensively, maybe too defensively.

“Oh sweetheart we all know you’re a sucker for coconut” Grant smirked making me glare at him. “What do you know we haven’t seen each other for years.” I said smugly.

“And I’ve lived with you for years to know you have a weird obsession with whatever has to do with coconut” Derek smirked while I switched my glare towards him.

“Coconuts?” Trent asked confused while everyone else tried to hide their laughter.

“Yeah coconut is one of Violet’s obsession. You can never have something that has to do with coconuts near her, whether the smell or the water. It’s probably the one thing that would stop her from killing someone even if she had a knife an inch from their throat.” Alayna chuckled.

“Except for the one time she almost killed someone because of coconuts” Ashly burst out laughing. “Poor guy, I don’t think he will go near anything that has to do with it again”