Chapter 55

Violet

1 day

24 hours

12 hours

Is all I have left to save Alaynafrom whatever Augustine has planned for her.

Unfortunately it also means thatNathan is stuck to me like sticky glue on a leech. Yeah that bad. My badfeeling isn't going away either.

Why can't I have a good feeling inlife for once? Simple. Life sucks.

Which is why I found myselfstranded in the forest with pack wolves behind me and light witches in front ofme.

Seems Augustine just couldn'twait.

------------------

Nathan

"Wait don't you think we shouldget to know each other more even better, I mean mate's best friend to mate..."

"Not if the best friends aretrying to stop and distract the mate from their friends stupidity." I growledbefore teleporting to Violet's room.

Just as I feared it was empty.

"You missed her by three minutes."My attention snapped towards Dracula who was leaning relaxed against thedoorway. I felt hot rage consume me. "You knew!"

"Of course I had a feeling thiswould be the choice she would make after our little talk." Dracula shrugged asI grew angrier. A snarl ripped through my lips before I launched myself at him."And you let her!"

He swiftly got out of the waybefore I launched at him once again claws out. "Control your demon boy!"Dracula boomed before I managed to scratch him on the arm. "Like hell." Isneered smirking before launching at him once again hungry for blood.

His eyes narrowed at me before Ifelt my throat being closed up. I stopped and clawed at my throat for airglaring at him.

"Let me make this clear, you maybe the king of demons and more powerful than me, but do not forget I've livedmuch longer than you and have much more experience. I'm sure I can give you arun for your money because I guarantee you would not come out unscathed from abattle with me." Dracula threatened before he released me.

I rubbed my burning throat gaspingfor air still glaring at him. My demon was clawing for revenge by his challengebut I suppressed it.

"Good, we all know whateverAugustine's planning is a trap so for her to go she must have a plan. For now Ithink we should prepare for whatever attack he will dish out which believe me,he will." He pointed out.

"Guess that's one way you two arerelated." I smirked as I saw Dracula went rigid. "What do you mean by that?" Heasked through a relaxed façade while I scoffed.

"Oh come on you think I'm anidiot. Like you said you have a few years over me and we both know how longI've lived. You really think I wouldn't have figured it out along the way?" Imocked while his gaze burned into me.

"And what did you figure out?" Heasked his tone challenging. Nope not scared of him.

"When are you going to tell Violetyou're his twin brother?" A disgusted expression came to his face by the end ofmy question before shock came from the next one.

"And used her soul to seal a linkbetween you and him so if one dies so does the other?" His shock seem to wearoff as he chuckled. "Amazing, even my brother has yet to figure it out."

"And I'm glad for that, if he andI doubt he would have hesitated to get her soul to break the spell, 8 centuriesago he thought it was Alayna's soul and actually abandoned his plans to try andbreak the spell." I stated while in the inside I curled in disgust.

His actions shows how selfish anddespicable he is that he would do anything as long as it benefitted him and hisplans. "Though I've heard he's pretty fond of Alayna in this century."

Dracula seemed to go rigid. "Whenhe used Alayna's soul Violet didn't die as an immediate reaction, he actuallykilled her himself."

Alayna died when Augustine tookher soul trying to break the line and Violet didn't die and in this century, hefond of her and trying to lure Violet out.

Shit.

"He's going to take her soul."

He may not be sure but I bet hewill try anyway as long as Violet dies and Alayna probably lives ridding him oftwo of the most threatening people.

The third me.

When Alayna's soul was taken ittook half of her mate's angelic soul to revive her when he was close to deathhimself. Now he's half angel and wolf which the moon goddess place in him.Damon I think his name is in this century may not even know about being fullangel before, now half. It's probably buried deep inside him after so manycenturies.

Back to the problem. If Augustineuses her soul there will be nothing to revive and it will take my soul downwith it. And I can't use half of my soul to revive her like Damon didconsidering demons have no healing properties. That and I fed my demon half ofmy soul for more power.

Yes I basically sold my soul to myown demon but have you ever gone toe to toe with Augustine?

Didn't think so.

"We have to find Violet-"

"Naberious." A demon burst intothe room.

"What?" I rudely demanded. Thisbetter be good.

"We are under attack." I paled.That means he could have Violet right now and is using this attack as adistraction.

"Get in position and be on defenseuntil I say the word." I quickly commanded before teleporting outside.

I could see the pack wolves andwitched coming into the orison towards the mansion. It was a good thing wechose a wide plain or else we wouldn't have seen them coming is they sneaked ina forest.

I'm also glad the light witchesdidn't cast any invisibility spells. Probably to conserve energy.

Below I could see many darkwitches and demons teleporting outside the vampires flashing out the mansion tojoin them.

The rogue wolves shifted takingtheir place at the front growling at the pack wolves who growled back. Isnarled as I felt a familiar demonic presence.

'You've got to be kidding me.'

"Hey there cousin." I growledturning around. "Alistair"

"Since were not on good terms I'mgoing to go out and say it, you're girlfriend is doomed and I'm here- to getyour mind off of it." Alistair grinned his eyes red razor teeth flashing.

-------------------

Hey hey

School is over

Yeahhhh

Here's a chapter to celebrate

The book is nearing its end. Sadisn't it.

Till then

Peace out