Dedication & Author's Note

D E D I C A T I O N

To those who live each day without a mother – she's still with you.

***

A U T H O R ' S  N O T E

Hi everyone! Thanks for stopping by. This story played like a movie in my mind for many months before I had the courage to put pen to paper - erm, clank away on the keyboard, I mean, but lo and behold, here it is! 

Just so everyone is aware, it is definitely a slow burn romance. These are my favorite types of romance stories because, while the waiting can be hard, the payoff is usually worth it. So, if you like slow developing relationships, please read on! I promise a happy ending, and it makes the waiting worth it.  

Also, there are some themes of death and loss at the core of this story, which I feel I should express before you dive in. It's nothing graphic, but I am fully aware that everyone has their own triggers. The story was very therapeutic for me to write as, like Elliot, I lost my mom around her age. It's an emotionally driven story, and is quite near and dear to my heart. 

I also feel I must add that this story was partially inspired by Justin Gallegos. He is a Nike endorsed athlete with cerebral palsy who runs for the University of Oregon. If you get a chance, look him up! He's an inspiration and is currently working towards running a marathon. Additionally, I work in early intervention and see many kiddos with CP. This story is meant to inform a little about the condition and inspire. 

Anyway, if you are enjoying it or have some advice, please leave me a comment! I would love to hear from you! And don't forget to vote! 

Thanks for reading! 

-Woodlander8