Update

Hey! Just a quick update: this story has recently been edited by the wonderfully talented @CovertEyes. While much of the story is the same, the editing process not only cleaned up much of my prose (boy oh boy, was I wordy) and grammar (you think you have a solid command of the English language until you go through an edit, seriously!), it also allowed me to dig deeper into the story and make some connections to things I had only surfaced. Starting Position now feels much more rounded and cohesive. 

So, if you had the opportunity to read it before it went through the edit, thank you for reading! Please feel free to take another look! And for those of you who are just now reading, thank you so much for getting to this point. This was the first story I ever completed, and honestly, doing so (cue cringey cliché) felt like finally making it to the finish line; I realized if I could do it once, I could do it again and write others. I am very proud of this story.

So, a big THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH to @CovertEyes for all the help, time, kind critiques, and the laughs, and to everyone who is reading this right now. You genuinely have no idea how great it feels to get to share this story, and I sincerely hope you enjoyed it.

Take care, 

woodlander8