Six

Katie stormed down the corridor, violently wiping her eyes. "I can't believe they were so excited to have such a horrible person." She muttered to herself.

Wait, if anyone hears me talking to myself they might think I've gone mad. She paused thinking to herself before carrying on walking. 

After a while of wondering the empty corridors Katie decided to make herself useful and head up to the hospital wing to give Madame Pomfrey a helping hand. She was thinking about becoming a healer in the future and asked Madame Pomfrey for advice and that was when she was offered to help out in the hospital wing.

She walked through the doors finally getting over the previous situation and went looking for Madame Pomfrey. 

She paused knocking at her office door.

"What?" A distressed looking Madame Pomfrey opened the door. "Oh." She paused. "It's only you, thought it was another student needing coming in. Ever since those damn Weasley twins invented those skiving snack boxes the amount of students I've had in here is unbelievable."

Katie laughed at her distress "Well Poppy, I've decided not to take part in Defence Against The Dark Arts and since it's my last lesson of the day I decided to come over here and keep you company." She joked.

The matron tutted at the student "You really shouldn't be calling me that around any students Katie, I don't want them to think I'm giving you any special treatment."

"But you are-" Katie argued.

"Oh shush!" Madame Pomfrey cut her off. "Well I shouldn't encourage this behaviour but if you're not going to class you might as well make yourself useful." She smiled at her"

"Yes Poppy I knew you wouldn't force me to go back!" The young girl cheered.

"I will if you keep calling me that." She scolded.

"Yes Sir!" Katie saluted whilst the Matron rolled her eyes. 

"I do need some more Pepperup potions since it will be getting close to the winter season soon." Madame Pomfrey got out a list. "I need you to go to Snape and give him this list, I need him to brew these potions." 

"Oh no!" She groaned in protest. "Don't make me go to Snape he hates me!" Katie paused for a moment. "And he does smell quite a bit."

"I'll pretend I never heard that last bit." Madame Pomfrey quipped. "And I can't have him knowing I'm allowing you to be out of class." 

"Yes! Excactly! We don't want that do we?" 

"Well I guess you could always re-organise the potions and clean up around here for me. You always do such a good job." 

"Aye aye captain!" She saluted. 

Madame Pomfrey ignored her, used to this. "I'll be out here whilst you're organising." 

Katie nodded before turning around and marching into her office. She organised it not long ago but with the chaos that went on it got messed up very quickly. She hummed a tune to herself whilst busying herself with organising the potions before moving onto the papers.

"Professor Karakoff, what can I do for you today?" Katie heard Madame Pomfrey ask. 

"Ah yes, Viktor here has a head cold. I need you to check him out for me." Katie heard a deep European accent. Not wanting to seem nosy she pretended to keep organising the office.

"I'm really fine-" She heard another voice say.

"Nonsense Viktor!" The loud voice startled her, causing her to drop a potions bottle to the floor. Rude, she thought to herself.