CHAPTER EIGHTEEN ━ MAISIE LOCKWOOD

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆
FORCE OF NATURE
CHAPTER EIGHTEEN ━━━ maisie lockwood

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆▌FORCE OF NATURE▐CHAPTER EIGHTEEN ━━━ maisie lockwood

Hazel noticed a triceratops and a baby one as well. "Do you remember the first time you saw a dinosaur?" Claire asked Owen and Hazel who sat next to each other holding hands. Hazel smiled at the memory it was so much simple back then. She had stayed with Ellie to help the sick triceratops, it was magical truly magnificent.

"First time you see them, it's like a miracle. You read about them in books, you see the bones in museums, but you don't really believe it. They're like myths. And then you see that first one alive." Claire spoke fondly while looking at the dinosaurs. "This is not your fault." Owen caught on to what Claire was saying.

"But it is," Claire replied back. "How could it be?" Hazel asked. "I helped create the Indominus Rex and I—" Claire was cut off by Hazel walking to her and hug her side. "This isn't your fault, Mills brainwashed you to believe it was and he wasn't in the wrong. But he is in the wrong. You are trying to protect and save them. While he is trying to sell them." Hazel comforted Claire.

"Well, it has to be me then. I showed them away." Owen reassured. "Owen, don't go brainwashed on me now." Hazel looked up at him. "Shut up. But you and I missy have a lot of time to talk about this later." Owen commented on Hazel.

"There isn't a later," Claire said in a monotone voice with no hope. "Yes, there is." Hazel smiled showing the key. "Got it from him easily, in his blazer pocket." Hazel threw the key up and caught it again. "You had this. The whole time and didn't show it to us?!" Claire asked angrily.

"Yip. See I just cured your brainwash." Hazel pointed at Claire with a smirk. There was pound heard from the wall Owen was at. "Let's free her!" Hazel sounded excited but Claire was against it immediately. "No!"

"Come on, Claire. We'll go once we free her." Hazel dangled the key in front of Claire's face teasingly. "I'm your only way out."

"Fine, but if we die I am so blaming you." Claire hissed. "I'll take it!" Hazel laughed. The two women didn't even notice that the brick wall was already down. A baby pachycephalosaurs was revealed. "Hello, baby." Hazel gushed crouching low as the baby dinosaur came and charged her way. "Hazel!" Owen shouted but the dinosaur just started running around Hazel excitedly.

"You're playful aren't you?" Hazel raves excitedly watching her run around her body. "Hazel! Door, now!" Claire grew impatient. "Fine! Bye, patchy!"

Hazel unlocked the door and let the dinosaur out first then Owen and Claire. "That was awesome." Hazel giggled making Owen chuckle. Hazel laughed once more when she heard the dinosaur hit her head against something else over and over again. Hazel could hear some whimpering behind her which made her turn around to see a little girl. Owen and Claire followed her gaze to see a girl in a red hoodie.

The girl took off running making Hazel go off and chase after. "Hey! Wait! We promise we're not bad!" Hazel told jogging up to see the girl getting in a dumbwaiter. "Wait! Please don't go!" Hazel begged looking at the girl's expression. She had red eyes, her cheeks dampen from crying probably and wearing a frown on her lips. "That's Lockwood's granddaughter," Claire answered.

"Hey, hey, kid. You wanna come down out of there?" Owen asked hesitantly. She shook her head rapidly making Hazel nod. "Guys stay here," Hazel whispered to Claire and Owen making them nod in understanding since neither of them were an expert in kids.

"Can I come there by you?" Hazel asked making the girl hesitate but nodded her head slowly. "Okay," Hazel whispered softly taking small steps in case the girl got scared.

"What's your name?" Hazel asked looking down at Maisie a few feet away from her. "M-Ma-Maisie. Maisie Lockwood." She introduced herself making Hazel nod her head with a gentle smile. "Hi Maisie, my name's Hazel, that's my friend Owen and I think you might know Claire," Hazel spoke gently to the child who was still crying terrified.

"I know you," Maisie told shocking Hazel a bit but didn't show it. "How do you know me?" Hazel asked curiously. "I saw you with the T-Rex, Rexy. And I saw him with the velociraptors, Blue." Maisie told pointing at Owen who was cautiously next to Hazel while Claire was also next to Hazel.

"Oh. Oh, yeah? You like dinosaurs?" Owen asked afraid he may have said something wrong. Maisie nodded her head. "That's great. So do I, I tell you what, you come on down from there, I'll tell you everything you need to know about Blue." Owen smiled at Maisie. "And I'll tell you anything you need to know about Rexy, how about it?" Hazel crouched down and held out her hand to Maisie and the girl grabbed it.

"Sweetie, we need some help finding your grandfather. Can you take us to him?" Claire told but that just made Maisie upset. "What's wrong honey?" Hazel asked but Maisie just hugged her. This was her answer everything wasn't alright. Hazel felt butterflies in her stomach when Maisie hugged her. "He's gone." Maisie sobbed into Hazel's hair.

"It's okay. It's okay. I'll take care of you now, okay?" Hazel moved some of Maisie's hair out of her red face. Maisie nodded sadly. "So, do want to know a secret?" Hazel asked making Maisie nod again.

"We're going to go find some of our friends and then get the heck out of here," Owen told placing a hand on Hazel's shoulder. "You want to come with us?" Owen asked crouching down to Hazel and Maisie's level. "We could use a friend too," Claire commented. Maisie nodded making Hazel smirk and stand up.

"Let's go kick some ass— oh wait I'm not supposed to swear around kids. Let's go kick some butt." Hazel corrected making Maisie laugh which was reassuring Hazel that she cheered her up so when her own child was like this, she could cheer them up too.