CHAPTER SIXTEEN ━ FAMILY MEETING

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆
FORCE OF NATURE
CHAPTER SIXTEEN ━━━ family meeting

Hazel was excited to see her best friend, practically her adopted daughter but she was a T-Rex so many people don't see the connection

Hazel was excited to see her best friend, practically her adopted daughter but she was a T-Rex so many people don't see the connection. Claire and Owen both opened the double doors, they each grabbed one door to reveal Rexy. "What did they do to you?" Hazel asked getting into the cage kneeling down by Rexy. Hazel swatted a few flies around Rexy which made Rexy grumble. The t-rex was still tranquillised so that's why she didn't react to Hazel coming into the cage with her.

"Owen, I assume you haven't met my first child, this is Rexy. But be quiet try not to wake her up." Hazel hinted at Owen and Claire to get inside the cage with her to get some of the dinosaur's blood. Hazel started to stroke Rexy's nose gently as a way to calm her while Owen walked along the wall of the cage getting closer to Rexy. "See? She's sedated no harm done." Hazel told Claire and Owen turning around looking at Claire and then at Owen.

"Claire, I'm gonna need you to get in her neck." Hazel breathed watching Rexy's eyes twitch almost as if she was trying to wake up but couldn't. "Are you crazy?!" Claire whispered harshly. "Possibly," Hazel answered as Claire walked closer to Rexy but once Rexy moved her head Claire went back to her original spot. Rexy moves her head to almost crushing Owen which made Hazel chuckle. "I think she's trying to say hello." Hazel commented making Owen stick his hand up with a thumbs up and a strained, "I'm okay."

"Kay, Claire let's hurry on out of here Blue needs us," Hazel told making Claire nod and holding onto the wall going to Rexy's left side and put her hand over Rexy's head. "What are you doing?" Hazel asked watching Claire who was trying to hand the empty blood bag to Owen. "I can't reach," Claire replied.

"You're going to have to..." Owen raised his eyebrows at the t-rex. "Oh, I'm not gonna climb up there." Claire scoffed at the idea. "This is for Blue, Claire!" Hazel snapped covering her mouth once she heard Rexy grumble at the loud sound. "Oh my god, she stinks." Owen groaned smelling Rexy's breath.

"Seriously Owen, shut up," Hazel commented bluntly at Owen moaning at his position. "Hey! All I'm saying is—" Owen spoke until Rexy let out a groaned making them cut their banter and look at Claire again. Rexy moved her head away from Owen and went to the other side of the cage. "Shhh, shhh. It's okay, girl. It's okay." Hazel hummed softly.

"You're making this look totally normal." Owen joked chuckling at how Claire's position was on the dinosaur. "Especially with that scared look on your face," Hazel commented making Owen laugh. But Claire wasn't focusing on either of them mainly just trying to get the needle through Rexy's tough and hard skin.

"You're gonna have to jam it in there, it's really thick skin. Ready?" Owen reassured Claire who answered with a nervous, "Yeah."

"Okay. One, two..." Owen and Claire counted down but once Rexy snarled. "Three!" Hazel shouted scared for Claire and Owen's life. She wasn't scared for her own obviously because this was Rexy we're talking about here. Rexy wouldn't dream of hurting Hazel since the dinosaur saw the girl turn into a woman. "Owen!" Claire and Hazel screamed once Rexy moved her head to adjust herself right on top of Owen.

When Hazel moves to try and see if he was alright all she saw his face covered in Rexy's eye fluid which made Hazel laugh hard at his face. "Glad this is amusing to you," Owen remarked at Hazel's reaction. "It's working!" Claire exclaimed looking at the crimson red blood fill up the tube.

"Awesome." Hazel smiled looking at Claire who smiled back down at her. But their smile was wiped off clean when they heard different men laughing. "That door's open." A man told. "I got it." Another man replied closing the door shut locking it in process. "Shit," Hazel swore under her breath looking behind her. Hazel could hear Rexy's soft growling making her turn around and look at Owen. Owen stares back at her with a petrified look that made her heart drop. Rexy was awake and he was right next to her.

Rexy roared at the sight of Owen. Hazel gently tapped the dinosaur's lower jaw which made Rexy's jaw snap shut almost onto Hazel's fingers. "Hey, that's no way to great me." Hazel scolded Rexy who whimpered at Hazel's tone. Owen looked at Hazel with a raised eyebrow making Hazel roll her eyes at Owen's confused yet horrified face.

"Yeah, I thought so. I have my friends with me, Owen and Claire. You maybe will feel something on your neck that's Claire and to your right is Owen. Be nice." Hazel introduced her friends to her best dinosaur friend. Rexy sighed in response. Hazel shook her head smiling down at Rexy. Rexy wasn't very excited about meeting new people because the only person she truly cared about was Hazel and no one else. She may have had a soft spot for Blue but that was only because Blue saved her from the Indominus Rex.

"See there's a slight problem, the reason why we came in here was to get your blood." Hazel looked up at Claire and raised her eyebrows up at the roof of the cage that was big enough to let her slip through. Rexy grunted at Hazel.

"Oh come on, you know I wanted to see you. But we had to come here to get your blood because Blue got hurt." Hazel paused looking at Rexy briefly to see if Claire got out safely which the redhead did. "It's only right to repay her because she did save you from your death from the Indominus so you're saving her from her gunshot wound," Hazel explained to Rexy who roared which made Owen leap through her mouth just before she chomped down on him. "Owen!" Hazel hissed as she looked behind her to see Claire.

"Rex, I gotta go. But I promise to see you soon. Oh, and by the way, Owen's your dad and you're getting a sibling soon!" Hazel ran out of the truck just in case Rexy would be mad which made Claire close and lock the door. Rexy roared which made Hazel stiffly her laugh because in a way it was almost like Rexy was saying, "Nooooooooooooooo!"

"Well, that was exciting," Owen commented panting. "You think?" Claire asked harshly. "But the good news is that we know Rexy's fine, she now knows that she has a sibling on the way, she's got a dad now, and we got the blood for Blue!" Hazel gushed making Owen and Claire walk away from her to go back to Zia, Franklin, and Blue. "Oh, come on guys!"

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

By the time they gave the blood of Rexy to Zia Hazel was tired as hell. She could barely stand and Owen took notice of this and sat Hazel down on the floor with himself. He made himself her human pillow. "Thanks," Hazel mumbled tiredly laying her head on his shoulder and placing her hand on his chest it wasn't long before the woman fell asleep. Owen laid his head down gently on Hazel's head as a way of protecting her. He settled his hands on her belly and rubbed her abdomen in a soothing way that made Hazel shift in her sleep but didn't wake her up.

Hazel moved her hand from Owen's shirt to his bare chest that's what made him chuckle and kiss the top of her head. Owen could feel Claire's stare on him and Hazel but he didn't look at her, instead, he shut his eyes and went to sleep.