Chapter 21 - Go out for Iced Tea

*6 Years Later*

"Eva!"

in a twirl of brown locks and blonde highlights, a 24 year old Eva Stewart turned around at the sound of her name being called. ice blue eyes looked around slowly in the crowded Californian cafe for the owner of the voice.

Just as she was about to shrug her shoulders and dismiss it, she heard her name once again. this time, it was closer. Way closer.

A slow smile curled her lips as she turned around. A matured Sofia Ramirez stood before her panting. Stuck to her hair was a single rose clip and her face was somewhat sweaty.

Most likely from running... Eva mused.

She tucked a single short strand of brown hair behind her ear.

"Omg! Why did you cut your hair?"

Eva shrugged her shoulders, "Change. Plus long hair is hassle. Washing, drying, combing, washing..."

Sofia raised a fine eyebrow, "You said that already."

Eva did the same with a sly smile, "Did I?"

Both women laughed for a moment. A reminiscent air filtered around as they took in the other.

"So?"

"So..."

Eva looked at Sofia skeptically, "Where is it? already. I'm spending my spring break with you instead of going to a seminar! I came here to squeal like high school girls over a giant diamond ring. Not sip disgusting Iced Tea with no lemon slices."

A grin erupted on the latter's face, "You know i missed you right?"

Eva waved her hand dismissively, "Everyone does at some point. Now show me."

Shyly, Sofia outstretched her left hand. On said hand, a large pink diamond directly on her ring finger.

Eva analyzed it for a whole minute before a smile as big as the Nile crossed her face.

"Oh My GOD!"

"I know!" Sofia retorted.

Both girls reached over and grasped the other's hand dramatically.

"You're getting married! To Jason of all people!" Eva screamed excitedly.

"Hey! Shut up over there!" Yelled A random customer.

Eva spun round in her seat and glared, "You shut up you prick! My best friend is getting married dammit!"

The man blinked before replying, "Congrats!"

Sofia laughed loudly, "Let's go. I wanna show you our house!"

Eva nodded and stood up leaving her iced tea on the counter still untouched.

Outside, both women hooked arms and strode down the street.

"Where do you live?"

"Like an hour... walk... away." Sofia slowly replied.

Eva sighed and put her thumb out into the rode. Suddenly, a yellow cab came up to the two women and stopped.

"When'd you learn to hail a cab?"

Eva smirked, "Field trip in New York was worth it."

15 minutes later, Eva and Sofia were walking up the stairs to Sofia and Jason's new home.

"What does he do again?"

"Direct. And he's pretty good at it. Already three script writers want him."