Chapter 3 - You bust out the Tequila and Salts...

Eva awoke to the silent chatter around me. Her eyes were still closed, but her ears were wide open. She could hear a girl's worried voice, a deep voices calm reassurance and the schools nurse's tutting.

"You two need to leave! You are only making her headache worse." Preach it Nurse Jenny!

"B-but It's my entire fault! If I hadn't jumped on her so hard she would not be here!!" cried a girl.

"The nurse is right Sofia. We should let Eva get a proper rest." said the deep masculine voice. Wait Sofia? Images of first period came back to her. Eva was brooding, the teacher came in, and he introduced two new students. Both of which had the same name as her childhood friends...

Eva groaned silently, Damn more trouble! Why god?! I haven't done anything!!! I just wanted my last few months as a senior to fly by!!

"Romeo! Don't give me that! You were just as excited and stunned when we saw her this morning! And don't you deny it!" she yelled at him. Tired of being addressed in third person, Eva decided to make her presence known.

Eva groaned as she opened her eyes and was blinded by the white walls of the clinic and the bright afternoon sun. Eva sat up and looked at the three present people in the room.

Nurse Jenny, in all her school nurse glory, was sending Eva a look that said 'About time! These kids were getting on my nerves'. Eva gave her an un-easy grin. She looked to her right to see a red eyed Sofia with a bunch of tissues in her lap. Hmm... Eva mused to think I had a crybaby as a friend...

To her Left standing up was who she presumed to be Romeo. Damn, have the years been good to him... She was going to drool when she remembered all those ruthless pranks he pulled on her. Eva glared at him with all her might. This was very little considering her major headache. She gave up after 10 seconds. Eva started to rub her temples to get rid of the pounding in her head. Eva groaned in pain once more.

"Eva...?" Eva looked up slowly to Sofia's soft voice. She was just yelling her head off, now she wants to be quiet.

"Yeah, what?" The brunette teen snapped out of irritation

"... We're... h-ho-home?" Eva narrowed her gaze at Sofia. Was she crazy? Why would I care if she came home? Eva's look was plenty readable because Sofia got teary eyes and left the room in a hurry.

Eva sighed irritably. Her head hurts, she's boyfriend-less, best friend-less, hungry, tired and she has to pick up Tj. Great, she thought sarcastically. What a wonderful day so far!

"Woow Stewart." Romeo's voice brought her out of her silent mourning "To think you'd become a real bitch."

Eva looked at him, "Excuse me?" She asked venomously

He looked her in the eye, "You heard me. You're a bitch. You don't even remember a promise you made to your own childhood friend! What's worse is that not only did you promise not to forget, but looked at her like she was crazy." Eva tensed as he got up in her space "You know she hates that."

That does it.

Eva didn't think twice as she swung out her fist and felt it connect with Romeo's right cheek. He was on the floor looking up at her, while caressing his cheek when Eva said, "Listen Ramirez! Firstly, I'm not a bitch! I'm a chick who just lost her best friend and boy friend at the SAME TIME because they were cheating on me behind MY BACK! Secondly, I don't remember shit, because if you haven't heard I lost part of my memories when I was 7! Thirdly, I wouldn't know about her not liking my look because I hardly remember you guys period! You should be glad that I even remembered your names. Fourthly, Don't. Ever. Get. Up. In. My. Face. Again." By then Eva had gotten off the bed and was jabbing her finger on his chest roughly.