Chapter 6 - Pretend to be sick...

When Eva left school to pick up Tj that afternoon, she was in a good mood.

That was until she remembered his little problem.

Eva parked her car and walked into the school. When the front desk lady saw her, she immediately called for 'Tj Stewart'. Eva smirked at that. I still got it!, She mused. In less than 10 seconds, Eva heard Tj's Jansport rustling on his back.

The moment he was in arms reach Eva searched him up, down, inside, outside, on his back, even in his toes. By then he was blushing like a tomato, "Stop it, Sour!" he cried.

Eva smiled at her old nickname. He came up with it years ago and she hadn’t heard it in years. Though now, he was slowly getting back into it. Hearing him say it now made her realize how much she missed it. Eva grinned down at him.

"Did they bully you?" She asked ion all seriousness.

Tj shook his head hastily, and then he grinned at his older sister. "Sour, they're really scared of you! They treated me like a king! And Sammy! She came up to me and-"

He stopped when he saw Eva’s lopsided smile. He blushed bright red like his favorite fire truck and took her hand dragging his sister away from the school. "I- it- It’s not w- what you th- think it is!!!" He stuttered.

"Hmmmm." she mused, "Sure whatever you say Tj!" He glared at the brunette and she returned it with a giggle. They were buckling up when a girl with blonde hair in a ponytail ran by the car, spotted Tj, and stopped.

She ran right up and went, "Bye!! Tj! See you tomorrow." she ran off with her parent, but stopped once more "And don't forget to do Mrs. Hubert's homework!" If Tj could have died from a rise in blood pressure, he would of died right in Eva’s front seat.

"Hmm... So that’s... The cootie filled Sammy?" She mused. He whipped his head back to his sister and stuck his tongue out. Eva let out a hearty laugh and drove off.

The whole ride Tj ignored her presence and when they pulled up he ran straight to his room and slammed the door. Eva grinned, What a drama queen.

She walked into the kitchen and saw Tabitha cooking. She walked up to her and peered over her shoulder. Eva could smell the stir-fry from all the way over by the entrance but up close... Up close made her drool their very own Niagara Falls. Or better yet Eva Falls.

“I didn’t know you were coming home early?” Eva stated with curiosity. Her hand was slowly inching towards the pot with a fork she had quietly picked up.

Tabitha proceeded to swat Eva’s lingering hand with the spoon. She snatched it back and held it to her chest while grumbling, "Stupid evil step mother won't let me eat food. Ima tell daddy you're secretly starving me!"

She looked back at her with a glint to her eyes, "That is if you make it till 8." She then proceeded to laugh evilly while stirring the food. Eva gaped at her and backed out slowly.

Right when Eva was at the entrance she called out, "Evil witch!" In a playful manner and ran upstairs. Tabitha’s soft laughter was heard from upstairs.

When she walked into her room, Eva dropped her bag and kicked off her shoes. She swiftly walked into her bathroom and came out 30 minutes later with steam following her out. She had a towel wrapped around her head and she was wearing pink short shorts that had "You know you like it" written across it in black swirly font. She wore a tight grey spaghetti strap. She looked through her drawers for an over shirt. After Eva found one she went to bed and drifted off into sleep.

A seven year old girl with brown hair came up to a pair of twins in a back yard. She was grinning from ear to ear.

"Sofie!!! Romeo!!!" she yelled excited.