Chapter 6

Whack!

Heyhey smiled after slapping me hard on the butt.

“You gotta shake that ass, girl,” he slurred. We were still in the training center and he was showing us how to be sexy. “Look over there at that girl.” He pointed at Glimmer.

She was dancing all sexy and several guys were standing around to watch.

“She’s a dirty ho,” I said, clearly disgusted.

“Yes,” Heyhey shouted. “That’s what I’m talking about. Snap! Snap! Look at her hips.”

“That’s not the only way to attract a man,” I said.

“Oh yeah?” he asked. He was standing close to me and I could smell the alcohol on his breath. “You gonna win them over with your personality?”

“This is stupid,” Pita interrupted. “Guys don’t dance and walk around sexy. I don’t need to know any of this.”

Heyhey sneered at him. “You know everything now?” he asked. “Let me show you something.”

Heyhey ran to middle of the room and busted out some serious moves. Even Glimmer stopped dancing long enough to watch him. Heyhey dropped to his knees and started thrusting his hips so violently I thought he would break in half.

Rabbitfoot appeared out of nowhere to join him. Heyhey slid her under him and howled like a wolf. He started dry humping her.

“Oh god,” I mumbled.

“Come on,” Pita said to me. “Let’s go upstairs and see what Cinnabun wants with us.”

I walked with Pita to the elevator and pushed the number 12 for our floor.

“Do you miss it?” he asked.

“What?”

“Do you miss home?”

I did. I missed Gavin. Pita wasn’t a bad guy, but every time I looked at him it reminded me that I wished it was Gavin here with me. The elevator stopped and we exited.

“I do miss home,” I told him.

“Me too,” he said.

I went to my room and waited for Cinnabun. He must have gone to Pita’s room first because I waited for a long time. I was getting sleepy by the time he showed up.

“Hey, Katlick,” he said when he came into the room. “How are you holding up?”

“I’m nervous,” I admitted.

He was standing in front of me and gently ran a hand over my cheek.

“I know you are,” he said. “That’s why I’m here. I’m going to show you how to act and what to say for your interview tomorrow.”

“It’s not just that,” I said. “I don’t think this is right for me – being here at the Humping Games.”

He looked in my eyes. It was hard not to notice how attractive he was.

“Whether or not you think you should be, you are here. You go out there and do the best you can do.”

“I don’t feel sexy,” I said, tears forming in my eyes.

“Shhh, don’t cry,” he said. Suddenly his hands were around my waist, pulling me closer. He leaned forward and brushed his lips against the curve of my neck. My breath caught in my throat as my heart beat faster. I could feel his strong hands all over my body. He was breathing in my ear. I was getting turned on like never before. I put my hands on his chest and felt his hard muscles under his shirt.

“How do you feel?” Cinnabun asked me.

“I’m horny,” I breathed.

I tried to kiss him but he moved his head back out of reach. He grabbed my ass and lifted me off the ground. My back hit the wall and his lips were all over my neck. He started kissing my ear.

“I want to tear into to you so bad, Katlick.”

I moaned and dug my nails into his back.

“Do you feel sexy now?” he asked.

“Yes,” I whispered.

He set me on the ground and stepped back. “It’s against the rules for us to get it on, but I wanted to show you how sexy you really are.”

My heart was still pounding.

“You tease,” I cried. “Finish what you started.”

“Maybe we’ll get the chance after the games,” he said and winked.