Part Seventeen

I wake from my nap a few hours later. The sun was still practicably high in the sky, which probably meant that my ‘few hours later’ was a day later. I sighed, startling Logan beside me. A small grin becomes visible on my face as he blinked drowsily. “Hey sleepy head,” he says yawning, doing the classic-guy-and-girl-at-movie-move on me.

I take in calmed breaths, realizing at that moment the cramped mini cooper was replaced by a…well bigger car. Jenna drives while Gray lounges in the passenger seat. I turn back Logan and he answers my forming question, “You were out two days,”

“Two days?” my stomach rumbles, “I’ve been out that long?”

“Yeah and apparently that stomach of yours doesn’t like it,”

I smile again, “Can we-”

“On it!” Jenna interrupts, turning into a drive through.

“How do I sleep for two days straight?” I direct this back to Logan.

He pauses, “Oh I dunno, you over used your power by throwing Porter against the wall without even using your hands?!”

His sarcasm doesn’t faze me. “Hmm, I do wonder how I was able to do that,”

“Yeah, but it was pretty cool!” He says smiling.

“What’ya want?” Jenna asks.

“Four burgers and a large fry, oh and a large coke,” I say enthusiastically.

“Is that all, gurl?” Jenna jokes.

I nod up and down like a maniac. Logan grins at me and tells me what had transpired the past days. “As soon as you closed your eyes, you were out like a light. When we stopped for the night I had to carry you inside,” I blush a little at this, “And then you kept sleeping and sleeping, so we finally decided to go ahead and get going to Washington,” He said.

“And yeah we ditched her car-”

“We didn’t ditch it-”

“Um, we kinda did, Jenna,”

“Continue,” I cut in.

“Jenna started worrying about you, but I informed her (as another super powered freak) that sometimes this happens if you over extend your body with your powers and for the fact that you are new to them. I remember Miles sleeping for a whole week after he shut down a whole cities’ power for a few minutes,”

“He can do that?” I ask.

Logan nods, “Yeah, he’s good with technical stuff, you know?”    

I nod. I’m just learning more and more stuff aren’t I? I hope Miles and his ‘gang’ shows up around the same time we do. Maybe with two more of us with him. I wondered some more about them, were they alright? Did they have any problems finding the others and how much longer until we get there? “How much longer?”

“It shouldn’t be much longer, maybe an hour,” Jenna says.

I nod again, excitement running through me. I wonder what powers these two girls have? Will I get along with them? Hopefully so, I hate being in a girl fight, grudges like that last for a long time. A seriously long time. I catch Logan staring at me. “What?”

“You are just so beautiful,” he whispers so the others can’t here.

My smile grows bigger. This guy is so perfect, why hadn’t I found him sooner? He grows closer to me as a question fizzles in my mind. “How are we going to tell everyone about…us?”

“However you want, baby,”

“I don’t know how we are…uh, I’m just so confused,” I say back in a whisper as our conversation begins to fall in.

“We can tell them when we’re ready, okay?”

“So I can get to know you better,” I say back quietly.

“And me you,” he says smirking.

I snuggled into the crook of his shoulder as he pulls me closer. His warm breath stirred through my hair as I felt his steady heart beat in his chest. We sit like this the rest of the way there. Logan gave out directions of the abandoned ware house as we entered the city limits. In what seemed like no time, Jenna stopped the car. I jump out, curiosity willing me to move. Logan follows close behind as we enter the building. I open the door and step inside, letting my eyes adjust to the faint light. “Hey, what took you so long,” Miles says, a smirk wide across his face.

<><><><><><><><>><><><><<>

Hey guys, whattup? Well I know this is kind of a filler chap, but the next one should be better and after I upload this one I will immediately start working on the next chapter alright? Alright. So I don’t know all that much about cars, and hopefully a mini cooper has a back seat….if not please tell me! Oh and when I’m finished posting chapters and have this book with a complete check on it then I will start another book Dari Cross (Edited Version). This is where I will edit and make chapters way way longer and maybe add some extra scenes! I know this is way in advance, Dari Cross still has a lot left in her, but just wanted to let you guys know. So anyway…

Comment

And

Vote!