Chapter 8

Momo had always known something was wrong with Katsuki and Midoriya. The two of them were always at odds and the air seemed to change once the two of them were in the same room. Some sort of deep set grudge or rivalry.

Momo was an observant young woman. Overly so. She wasn't dumb enough to ignore the way Midoriya flinched when Katsuki walked by him. The way he tried to sink in on himself, trying desperately to become smaller in the explosive young man's presence. How he stuttered and choked on his words when he tried to talk to him.

She knew something was wrong. But knew better than to pry. Not that it wasn't her concern - she considered both young men to be her friends after spending three years together at UA in their Class A. Momo never thought to make it her business. She had always figured the two just rubbed each other the wrong way and never could find a way to get along and she let it be.

Finding out that Bakugou Katsuki, the person she was raising her son with, was a bully was something that chilled her to her core and lit her blood on fire. The person she'd been having such deep discussions with. The person she'd been relying so heavily on. The one she'd been looking up to for all these years. The person she was starting to feel for...

A dirty, rotten bully who had never once apologized.

"Bakugou Katsuki, I'm so utterly disappointed with you," she growled out uncharacteristically, gnashing her teeth in disgust. "I want - no. I need you to think about everything that you just told me and I need you to work on that. Don't come near me or Itsuki until you've... done something about this. I don't even know what to do with myself right now."

Her heart felt like it was being gripped roughly and squeezed, as if to kill her. As if to torture her and make her beg for death.

"Momo..."

"No."

"Momo, please-" she saw such utter, raw emotion in Katsuki's eyes as he begged her to listen to her. On his knees, angry tears in his eyes, praying to her to not leave. To not walk away from him. To not leave him alone with his thoughts in this long, dark hallway.

She couldn't comply with these wishes.

It would hurt too much to be with him right now. 

Before she could storm away from him, she felt a strong grip on her wrist, tugging her roughly towards him. He twirled her in his arms and pressed her against him.

"Mo, I'm sorry..."

She paused. "I'm not the one who needs to be apologized to, Katsuki, and I know you know that."

"You're... you're probably right-"

"Definitely right."

"Yeah... you're right. For some reason you always are... But I'm still sorry to you too. I... didn't want to deal with it and that's cowardly of me. It's wimpy as fuck. But... I wanted to move away from it and not keep looking back on that. It was wrong of me and I'm sorry to have dragged you into it. You don't deserve that. You... you and Itsuki deserve better than-"